Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, I believe it is Jelmer. We compared my Italeri kits with the Airfix boxing when Terry (Airframes) built his beautiful 'Dan Air' DC-3.

I recall something like that going down when terry was working on his DC-3 indeed

Got a more modern engine, think that I'll swap it for a flathead and fenderless... 8)

DSCF0001-187.jpg

DSCF0002-169.jpg

DSCF0003-163.jpg

good lookin' Ford there, Jan!

got my minicraft propliner collection!
this'll be my first DC-3 in 1/144 scale.

the liveries I'll be doing are:
Boeing Stratocruiser: United
Constellation: Qantas
Boeing 314 Clipper: Pan Am
Douglas DC-3: Air France

well, I'm seriously into airliners. so I'd say 1/144. but I have an Academy Stratocruiser here in 1/72. and I realized something....as I put the fuse of the 1/144th DC-3 next to the 1/72 DC-3, 1/144th scale is about half the size of 1/72. I know I'm a dunce for not noticing it, sooner. LOL

Er, yes Rob, exactly half size, just as 1/48th is half of 1/24th, which is half of 1/12th and so on. The 'old' scales used to be 1/64th, which led to 1/32nd scale in cars and military figures, until Tamiya decided that 1/35th should be the scale for tanks etc., which then caused many changes in modelling scales.

Rob... :lol:

Yep, Terry, got given a 1/64 F104 Starfighter back in NZ. Was the first (and last) time I'd seen anything in that scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back