Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the info Andy. I've got the car door Typhoon kit for my 56 Squadron builds, but also want a 'bubble top' version for another build - might go for the old, but still fairly good Monogram kit - at less than a third of the price!

some more good buys guys. I think iam going to be in trouble from the wife for what i purchased yesterday i will post pictures later today boy she going to be mad.

Well jan there aint no doghouse she burnt it down well i came across a 66 Impala 2dr hardtop and had to have there is no engine or tranny but a really solid body and frame so lets drag it home.

011-1.jpg

MOST EXCELLENT WOODY!!!!!! 396 cubic inch big block, four speed.................................. You get the picture.:headbang: :cool:

She wasnt to mad she thinks that the 65 should have been finnished first i told her it was lonely in the garage by itself she didnt laugh.

SANY4932.jpg

Was in the LHS yesterday, checking on the 1/24 balsa/tissue Hellcat I have on order for the next GB, and this beauty caught my eye. Was only $16.00 (usd) so I scarfed it up. Would like to do this in Chinese Air Force markings if I can find the decals. If not, than I'll do it in North African camo.

Jan: Just how much is 38 quid ??

Woody said:
Sure is Terry and the nice thing is it was only 10.00 dollars couldn't go wrong and it has markings for the USS Antietam CVA 36 which my dad served on.

Not to be a nit-picker, Woody, but the correct terminology is your Dad served in the USS Antietam.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2569.JPG
    DSC_2569.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Charles, 38 quid (£38) is around $60 according to the 'official' exchange rate as published, for example, on Google, but the current exchange in the UK would make it around $53 - $55, Dollars to Pounds, or around $67, Pounds to Dollars.

Last edited:
You know, for all the good money I paid for that Tiffie, I may yet have to go to aftermarket decals. The scheme featured on the box top, if accurately portrayed, is not matched by the decals in that the blue and white checkerboard band is reproduced as black and white on the decal sheet. Jeez!

And they have the cheek to double the price of the kit, after re-issuing it with inaccurate decals !
The really annoying thing is, although it's a nice kit, it's not particularly outstanding or ground breaking - and the joint for the fuselage insert still needs attention!

Must admit, I had it in and out of my shopping basket twice before I caved and bought it. Anyway, now that I have it, I'm sure I will enjoy the addition to my collection, if I ever get around to building it!

Was in the LHS yesterday, checking on the 1/24 balsa/tissue Hellcat I have on order for the next GB, and this beauty caught my eye. Was only $16.00 (usd) so I scarfed it up. Would like to do this in Chinese Air Force markings if I can find the decals. If not, than I'll do it in North African camo.

Jan: Just how much is 38 quid ??

Not to be a nit-picker, Woody, but the correct terminology is your Dad served in the USS Antietam.

Charles

Well, most honourable Mr. C... Had to check it out, 30 quid of the Good Queens hard earned quid is about $47 and 38 quid is about $60...or slightly below these..

Is that true? So, the relative that my dads cousin (I think she is) is trying to find, who served on a carrier during the Korean War and later on USS Coral Sea CV(A)-43, would be, he served IN USS Coral Sea?

Well, most honourable Mr. C... Had to check it out, 30 quid of the Good Queens hard earned quid is about $47 and 38 quid is about $60...or slightly below these..

Is that true? So, the relative that my dads cousin (I think she is) is trying to find, who served on a carrier during the Korean War and later on USS Coral Sea CV(A)-43, would be, he served IN USS Coral Sea?

Jan my dad served on the USS ANTIETAM 36 during korean war as a AEAN I have a picture of the carrier with his name and ribbons where he traveled with it.

You know, for all the good money I paid for that Tiffie, I may yet have to go to aftermarket decals. The scheme featured on the box top, if accurately portrayed, is not matched by the decals in that the blue and white checkerboard band is reproduced as black and white on the decal sheet. Jeez!

You sure about that Andy? mine are a very dark blue...

Thanks, Jan, for the monetary breakdown. Those plastic kits are not cheap ! The correct terminology for someone serving on a ship is either they served on-board or they served in the vessel. Very few people use it today.

Woody: An AEAN is a designated striker in the Aviation Electricians Mate rating. He'd be an E3 "Airman".

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back