Recent Purchases (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow, very cool :D Can't wait to see the Saiun in action ! :)

Cheers guys!

It is indeed a great idea Terry, thanks mate. Apart from being rapt at the gift anyway, I'm very honoured aswell to have received such a significance aircraft - the Saiun was his uncle's favourite personal design.

Working out a nice display base for it:
Thinking maybe a simple section of runway, base bordered in a nice varnished wood with a Black plaque stating full name of aircraft in gold capital letters, possibly in Japanese and English, and legend below in upper and lower case letters saying 'Gift from Hirohiko Yamada, nephew of Saiun Co-Chief designer Yasuo Fukuda'

What d'yas reckon?

Last edited:
Cheers guys!

It is indeed a great idea Terry, thanks mate. Apart from being rapt at the gift anyway, I'm very honoured aswell to have received such a significance aircraft - the Saiun was his uncle's favourite personal design.

Working out a nice display base for it:
Thinking maybe a simple section of runway, base bordered in a nice varnished wood with a Black plaque stating full name of aircraft in gold capital letters, possibly in Japanese and English, and legend below in upper and lower case letters saying 'Gift from Hirohiko Yamada, nephew of Saiun Co-Chief designer Yasuo Fukuda'

What d'yas reckon?

DO IT!!!!!
:thumbright:

Been after a Comet Model Airplane Co. Lockheed P-38 for a long time. The company went out of business in 1987, but someone must have a warehouse full of Comet models, as they show up on eBay quite often. This one cost me $44.00 on eBay. Me and a Navy buddy built one of these in 1956, and he still has it !!

Hope to start it for GB #17 as a Recon Version. This model has a 34 inch wingspan.

Charles

Attachments

• DSC_2806.JPG
    DSC_2806.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 95
Very nice Charles! Great looking aircraft the Lightning.

Cheers Jim, Wayne and Terry!
Will look into options re the plaque, want it to look good. Really would like to get the name in Japanese too if possible.

And this arrived today from Aaron for the Rukuhia dioramas: Academy 1:72 P-40B Tomahawk - Thanks mate!

STA50756.JPG

It will be converted to a P-40E-1, either NZ3009 'F' or NZ3029 XO-M.

Geez... from B to E.... how are you going to do that, my friend? This is the worst kit of a P-40 I have ever seen.

Czesc wojtku!

A little easier than anticipated my friend!

The scenes I want to model of NZ3029 and (possibly) NZ3009 are from photographs taken after their engines and cowls were removed, so no nose correction necessary. Just need to scratchbuild a firewall and oil tank basically, plus the centre leading edge of the wing visible in the engine bay.

According to scale plans, rear fuselage length and tail position are the same for the B and E, the B rear fuselage taller. Enter the Academy P-40M/N with it's separate rear canopy sections!
There will be some correction from the point behind the rear canopy section to tail, but the 'major' work is considerably lessened for me.

If modelling NZ3009, the wings will need to be seperated from the fuselage, and tail fin removed aswell, which does make her look real interesting! The wings were removed in one piece (thank god - hence her later rescue and restoration to airworthiness) - most of her compatriots had them gas-axed off.

Going to be fun! :)

Last edited:
Finally got the Airfix B-29 that I wanted and for less than the last I was bidding on, which went for 39 dustbunnies...
Also snapped up the Hasegawa 1/72 B-47E Stratojet, for a price that could not be refused!

AirfixB-29.jpg

HasegawaB-47E.jpg

Jolly good stuff old chap! Couldn't reply properly with the text messages earlier - had visitors.
I hadn't realised the B-47 was in 1/72nd scale - didn't even know there was one in that scale - should be impressive when done. Around 2022 by my reckoning ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back