Recent Purchases (5 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

£15.29 over here for Revell P-47 N kit

And US dollars? Revell about 25.55, Academy 22.54 from Hannants.
Is the Revell That good?
Geez, I've got two on the way, my stash grows like a tumor!
A Mustang to build as Bernie's Bo, and a Davidson flown Viet Nam O-2.
I've got a Davidson list more than 30 long.
Gotta keep my entries to One only.

Bill, at the moment, the Revell kit is equal to roughly $23US in the UK, sometimes less. Overall, Revell kits in 1/48th and 1/32nd scales are far less than Tamiya, and much, much less than the highly over-priced Hasegawa kits.
As an example, Revell have just released another 1/32nd scale version of the BAe Hawk, full retail price £23, average offer price around £20 to £21. (their earlier Red Arrows version can be found for as little as £10. The decal sheets alone, in both kits, would retail for over £10 if available).
If Tamiya marketed this kit, it would be in the region of £75, and if Hasegawa did ... well ...... name a figure!

I've built the Academy P-47D 'bubbletop' Bill, and it's superb. It was my first Academy kit, bought at Duxford about 8 years ago for £10, cheap for 'museum shop' prices, and much cheaper than the equivalent Tamiya kit. Lots of 'extras' including different types of wheels, stores etc, and beautifully detailed.
Just scored this on 'the bay'. Had to go to the limit I'd set, but it was almost half the price the last one went for. But with my luck, Airfix will release a 1/48th scale version of their new smaller-scale kit next month!

Attachments

• Classic Vampire.JPG
    Classic Vampire.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 51
Done good Terry!

My latest decals...a Ju88 theme I think?

Attachments

• AIMS_BMW Ju88s  Mistels_0788.jpg
    AIMS_BMW Ju88s Mistels_0788.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 36
  • AIMS_Ju88 Panels__0794.jpg
    AIMS_Ju88 Panels__0794.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 38
  • AIMS_Ju88_0791.jpg
    AIMS_Ju88_0791.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 42
  • AIMS_Ju188s_0790.jpg
    AIMS_Ju188s_0790.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 42
Gonna have to get that Ju 188 set, Dragon has never really been famous, for putting a lot of options in their kits, decalwise.... :lol:

See you've got a few '88 decals then Wayne!
Watching a 1/48th scale 'Aeroclub' Gnat on e bay at the moment. Been after one for over 20 years, and they're as rare as rocking horse sh*t !
Might (read probably) have to break the bank to get it, which is against all my principles regarding kits, but it's got to be done!
There are one or two other kits there I'd really like, but the Gnat comes first - unfortunately, it's got the longest waiting time too, meaning I'll have to miss the others to probably afford this !

I decided to try the Chinese way:idea::idea:

I understood that the best P-38 in 1/32 is available from Chinese Trumpeter and I found on e-bay a Chinese seller offering it for 75 Euros (USD 98), freight included, that means aprox 34% less then here in Italy.

Let's wait ans see if it works well! I will keep you informed.
Alberto

Hi,
it worked well!!!
I received the parcel today.
Not even checked everything inside the box, but there is a lot of plastic, 362 parts!!
And there is one thing sure: it's impressive! :shock::shock:
The box is 60 cm wide and wingspan will challenge my cabinet capabilities: 495 mm!! :shock::shock:
Here a couple of pictures

DSCN0304.JPG
DSCN0305.JPG

More will follow when I will carefully check what's in the box and, of course, when I will start assembling, but I doubt this will take place before September.
Cheers
Alberto

Footnote: I was a bit concerned to be asked to pay something for customs clearance or VAT: NOTHING
I don't know if this can be taken as a rule, but it worked well this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back