Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Nice one Alberto, looking forward to seeing the build. I nearly bid for the old Revell kit on e-bay, as it can be made into a good model with some extra work. But I have the same problem as you - too big for the cabinets!

Bill, don't feel like your alone, we ALL suffer from it.:lol: I picked this up cheap while I was gone this weak. Got it for thirty bucks.

Very nice subject, for the camou I would suggest to refer to this book

Ghost Bombers.jpg

that also includes those two pictures:

CR42 NSG9.jpg

CR42 NSG9 assembly line res.jpg

In any case is a very nice book to read.
Alberto

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice buys, I got back today from our trip and this was waiting for me at the LHS.

001-63_zps97bbd214.jpg

Very nice Aaron. Awaiting your review as I've been thinking about this aircraft or the He-51 as my first as my first biplane. Plenty o' plastic for Jerry and Alberto. This arrived today for my Noseart GB.

004.JPG

Geo

This is a good haul Geo. However the ICM Spitfires need more work on. It is because of the way the firm designed and moulded these kit sprues. The will of making a multi variant set led them to making of a couple of mistakes that cause nothing but troubles to modellers. But you know about these problems with the kit assembling I'm sure.

This is a good haul Geo. However the ICM Spitfires need more work on. It is because of the way the firm designed and moulded these kit sprues. The will of making a multi variant set led them to making of a couple of mistakes that cause nothing but troubles to modellers. But you know about these problems with the kit assembling I'm sure.

This is true Wojtek. It was only after I purchased this, that I found and purchased Italeri's Mk.IX "Beer Truck", just in case. It should be here shortly. I've only found one build on-line of this model and the words "no problems" and "enjoyable" are encouraging.

Geo

The Italeri kit won't be as accurate as the ICM. I believe it's based off of the maligned Occidental molds.

You making Cameron's Spit Geo?

Correctamundo on both counts Andy. I heard it was the Occidental rebox and for me, at the end of the day, if it kind of looks like a spitfire, that's ok. I like the skull noseart and the size and location of the s/n makes it just fit into the oddball scheme. I was thinking of starting the ICM kit at the same time but that would just add confusion to the Noseart GB.

Geo

Well, I got my Hasegawa 1/48th P-51D for my Bob Love, Korean war F-86 ace, Mustang named Bernie's Bo, as was his Sabre. When I knew the plane it was owned by Russ Francis, a SF 49er football player. I did some artwork for him, produced a T shirt. Was fortunate enough to ride in this plane several times and ground crewed at several air shows. This is today's progress, and the plane. I'll have to have the decals made when I have my nose art GB decals done.

Attachments

• BB 1.jpg
    BB 1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 43
  • BB 2.jpg
    BB 2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 43

Users who are viewing this thread

Back