Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Love a Panther Glenn P/U a 1/72 a few weeks back for a quick OOB build.Well I headed over to Mobile today to Hobbytown has a few more of the usual kits then our LHS.Wow was I surprised today!! 1/32 Mini/Hase Storch $15,Matchbox 1/32 Tiger Moth 3 variants wheels,floats, or skis :shock: $20,Heller 1/72 Leo 451 French Medium bomber Nice Kit $10,Heller 1/72 Ploetz 631 $10,1/72 A-26 A/B Invader $33 and last 1/32 metal landing gear legs for one of the P-47's I got $19.The Hobby shop probably had 200+ kits in 1/72 Frog(some in bags),Airfix and Heller that were labeled collectors kits.The two 1/32 kits came from the same collection.

Attachments

• recent kits 001 (700 x 525).jpg
    recent kits 001 (700 x 525).jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 38
  • recent kits 002 (700 x 525).jpg
    recent kits 002 (700 x 525).jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 44
  • recent kits 005 (700 x 525).jpg
    recent kits 005 (700 x 525).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 44
As I mentioned earlier in this thread I was going to a special hobby store in Calgary this week because I'd be down there for an appointment. I first went last year, and there's nothing like it in the Edmonton area so I was looking forward to it. However, when I got there I was greeted with sad news as the owner passed away last week. A family friend was working on selling off as much as he could before shipping a lot of it to Hong Kong. So while I got some good deals on kits, it was for a horrible reason. :(

Bummer. Sorry to hear that. Why Hong Kong do you suppose?

Nice pickups Kevin!

Bummer. Sorry to hear that. Why Hong Kong do you suppose?

I know he's from there originally, but I think a lot of the stock originated from there so it may be an attempt to recoup some money. He apparently had about $1M in stock. There's a bunch I didn't even get to go through because it was stacked up in boxes in the garage of the store.

These showed up while I was away house sitting last week. I would have gotten two sets for the CR-42, but they only had one.:(

Attachments

• IMG_8740 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_8740 resized 20.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_8741 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_8741 resized 20.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_8742 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_8742 resized 20.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 48
Good buys everyone. Cory, I'm sad to hear of Rick's death. He undoubtedly had the best store in town, if not Western Canada. His book selection is amazing too.

Unfortunately, I'm working tomorrow and in Edmonton Saturday so won't be able to swing by to poke around. I'm quite surprised to hear that the plan is to ship it all off to Hong Kong.

There's certainly nothing close to it here, but I haven't been looking in BC at all, nor Saskatchewan but I'd be surprised if there's anything better in the latter. I think they're slowly closing down over the next month so you may be able to get in, but I imagine the hours will be screwy and some may be picked over. I think the plan is to do so, but it may only be certain items, I don't know for certain.

Had to get this one to replace the one I trashed when I had a momentary lapse of reason. I know it has it's flaws,but I do think it looks good when she is all buttoned up. I do think the silver plastic is better to work with than the white or green. Going to use these decals and the dorsal fin from my Hase kit on the revell. $20 for the kit and 8 for the decals. Thanks craigslist

Attachments

• mBuRtp3CkhhBM4e1mWVoLfg.jpg
    mBuRtp3CkhhBM4e1mWVoLfg.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 44
  • $(KGrHqEOKpwE6VVTvq,jBOwrLMLhq!~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqEOKpwE6VVTvq,jBOwrLMLhq!~~60_12.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 45

Users who are viewing this thread

Back