Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Is it just me, or most Hobbycraft kits pretty shite, except for the Trumpeter re-pops. I have a 1/48 Avro Arrow and it seems like there is only 20 pieces to put it together

Most Hobbycraft kits are a challenge in that they aren't like Tamiya; add a tube of glue to the box, shake and out pops a done model. I think most of the HC kits I have done have more filler than plastic but I like the satisfaction I get out of completing something that others might have tossed back into the box.

Geo

I found this cheap. Still looking for a Mk I though.

Attachments

• IMG_8749 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_8749 resized 20.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_8750_edited-1 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_8750_edited-1 resized 20.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8751_edited-1 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_8751_edited-1 resized 20.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8752_edited-1 resized 20.jpg
    IMG_8752_edited-1 resized 20.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 37
I actually like the Hobbycraft kits. You just have to go into them knowing that there will be some extra work involved. I've made their P-36, P-40, I-16, Bf 109 and a few others and with the exception of one spitfire I did, the finished product turned out pretty decent.

Brooks, you'll like that Mustang kit. Not as good at the Tamiya Mustangs but close. Just remember to join the nose sides to the fuselage sides before you put the fuselage halves together, You'll save yourself a lot of headaches that way.

I actually like the Hobbycraft kits. You just have to go into them knowing that there will be some extra work involved. I've made their P-36, P-40, I-16, Bf 109 and a few others and with the exception of one spitfire I did, the finished product turned out pretty decent.

You could turn a fire brick into a prize winner mate.

nice one Bertie, was going to get one of those for my Wick builds, but Dogsbody sent me 2 x airfix kits and i got a Tamiya mega cheap !

seems to have gone down better than their new G- model has, lots of whinging about that one !

I purchased the rivet maker on a whim. I will test drive it shortly and post the results here. As far as I can tell, the I-16 is Eduards molds. What I just learned(see link) is that it is actually a Type24 and with slight modifications, it can be made as a Type18 which is actually great for me as I have found some oddball schemes for the Type24.

Eduard Kit No.8465 - I-16 Type 18 Weekend Edition Review by Brad Fallen

Geo

I purchased the rivet maker on a whim. I will test drive it shortly and post the results here. As far as I can tell, the I-16 is Eduards molds. What I just learned(see link) is that it is actually a Type24 and with slight modifications, it can be made as a Type18 which is actually great for me as I have found some oddball schemes for the Type24.

Eduard Kit No.8465 - I-16 Type 18 Weekend Edition Review by Brad Fallen
Geo

great little kit that Geo did one for a Gb a while back

Nice Picks boys.

I posted a while back that I picked up the AMTECH P40K-5. Unfortunately it never arrived. I ordered it from Kings Hobby in Texas and the tracking of it went dead in Austin.
I asked Kings to find out what happened and they basically told me "don't know" then when I asked for a refund they made such a big fuss complaining that when their customers don't get the model they are out of the cost of the model and shipping. They mentioned this twice before I basically said I don't give a Rat's A$$. They took forever to respond and when they finally came clean and offered the refund I was so fed up I said to myself all this for a lousy $22. Well tell ya what King Sh!!t Hobby you can keep the $20 bucks as your not worth it just give me a credit toward my next purchase. As if that will ever happen. Should of known better than to buy from an Ebay seller with a 90% customer approval rating. Shame on me.

Oh well. Still on the hunt for a P40.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back