Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

DSC_1085_zpslyyjuts_edit_1403086393545_zpsrxdwxehg.jpg

For obvious reasons....

DSC_1086_zpskmomsnf3.jpg

Great scores guys!

My latest, first of 5 rare and unusual kiwi birds ordered recently:

AZ model #AZ7229: Avro 626 Prefect (1:72 scale)

STA54773.JPG

STA54774.JPG

STA54775.JPG

Ordered from Transport Models Ltd, via E-bay.

True.. I hope you will find some of spare time and post a couple of shots of here in progress.

And another for the BoB 75th Anniversary next year. Not a purchase as such, but a very generous gift from our Swettish member, received today - he's not such a bad Muppet.
This is the 2007 release of the original, early 1970's Revell 1/32nd Me110, still sealed and bagged, which, with a little additional added details, can make into a nice replica. Decals provided don't quite match the type actually modelled, but that's a minor consideration.
Thanks awfully old chap.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 70
Fantastic scores everyone!

Terry, the Tutor was the Avro 621. They look very similar, the major difference being the third cockpit in the 626.

Edit:
According to 'Uncle Google', the 621 and 626 were structurally identical, the difference being the option of Lynx IVC or Cheetah V engines, and the extra cockpit (with provision for a scarf ring) I mentioned.
To make things more fun, RAF machines didn't have the extra cockpit fitted apparently, so you'd probably only be able to tell them apart if you can see the serial number!

Last edited:
Great stuff guys and looks like Santa Jan is being charitable today.

Hmm, 75th Battle of Britain anniversary.....sounds like a potential unofficial Group Build in the offing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back