Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the info Evan.
Yep, I'm hoping that I can start my BoB 'Hardest Days' Collection builds, and have at least some of them done by the September anniversary next year. There's only 17 models in 1/48th scale to build, and a couple in 1/32nd scale ................... with a further four in 32nd and three in 48th already done.

And another for the BoB 75th Anniversary next year. Not a purchase as such, but a very generous gift from our Swettish member, received today - he's not such a bad Muppet.
This is the 2007 release of the original, early 1970's Revell 1/32nd Me110, still sealed and bagged, which, with a little additional added details, can make into a nice replica. Decals provided don't quite match the type actually modelled, but that's a minor consideration.
Thanks awfully old chap.

True, sometimes I'm just a muppet....:lol:
You're very much welcome old boy!

Bought two of Revell's new Spitfire Mk. IIa for £19 each and free shipping.....beat that Tamiya, Hasegawa!

03986b_zpszhylm41s.jpg

Nice one (or two) old boy. Think I'll be grabbing one at Duxford, unless Iris at the LHS happens to have one falling off a shelf into my hands when I call in next - possibly tomorrow !

They say you can't beat local knowledge... and they are right!
Spent a great day in Dublin with Gerry, who told me of a shop selling second hand models: one visit and a few more rarities off the 'to get' list!

All 1:72 of course :)

- Airfix #05002-1: Bristol Superfreighter Mk.32
- Esci #9089: McDonnell-Douglas A-4E Skyhawk
- Hasegawa #JS 140:400: McDonnell-Douglas TA-4J Skyhawk
- Sanger (vac form): Avro Lincoln

STA54784.JPG

STA54785.JPG

STA54788.JPG

STA54789.JPG

The Superfreighter will be converted to an RNZAF Freighter Mk.31M, the A-4E and TA-4J to A-4K (Kahu I) and TA-4K respectively, and the Lincoln to an RAAF MR.31 or 32.

Also have a Lockheed PV-2 Harpoon and Miles M14 Magister on the way :)

Last edited:
Great stuff Evan. I've always fancied doing a Superfreighter in RAF 'What If?' colours, and often thought they were an under-utilised, somehow overlooked aircraft.
I presume you had a good day out with Gerry - pics?

My detail set for my recent Dragon 1/350 Scharnhorst purchase arrived yesterday and what an amazing set! 35 brass gun barrels, 2 resin Ar196 float planes (6 resin parts each plus PE float supports, prop, and canopy framing), and 17 frets of PE detail parts. I'm looking forward to spending some long winter evenings with this model!

IMG_7474.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back