Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

My detail set for my recent Dragon 1/350 Scharnhorst purchase arrived yesterday and what an amazing set! 35 brass gun barrels, 2 resin Ar196 float planes (6 resin parts each plus PE float supports, prop, and canopy framing), and 17 frets of PE detail parts. I'm looking forward to spending some long winter evenings with this model!

View attachment 265559

I love the Atlantic bow of the Kriegsmarine ;)

Just received this today, I've got admit though, the kit gave me some mixed feelings, don't know about all the rivets (the mad riveter pops into my mind) and I can't help but think Airfix due to some of the attachment points. Feel like getting the Hobby Boss 1/32 Mk. Vb just to compare...

Anyhoo, some pics...

DSC_1089_zpszvx8ttbh.jpg

DSC_1090_zpsy2ysycu3.jpg

DSC_1091_zpstscrukh9.jpg

DSC_1092_zps89qdry4r.jpg

DSC_1093_zpsz4lstwe0.jpg

DSC_1096_zpsf1r0fowm.jpg

DSC_1097_zpse3bcsvtr.jpg

DSC_1099_zps7akzvxbk.jpg

DSC_1100_zps7io9vw2m.jpg

DSC_1101_zpswpfmuwtl.jpg

DSC_1102_zpsfq2ugwu6.jpg

DSC_1103_zps9k6jopoc.jpg

DSC_1104_zpscsio01ee.jpg

DSC_1105_zpswcysk5hd.jpg

DSC_1106_zpsufusychn.jpg

DSC_1107_zpsnjtzrnfw.jpg

DSC_1108_zpsvvzyk8ia.jpg

DSC_1109_zpsz1aqzk0y.jpg

DSC_1110_zpsvjqx8lrs.jpg

DSC_1111_zpsyay5nan2.jpg

DSC_1112_zpsmullwcui.jpg

DSC_1113_zpspdbf2pzk.jpg

DSC_1114_zpsukwfqqhn.jpg

DSC_1115_zpsl8xte6js.jpg

DSC_1116_zps9qn5oeyv.jpg

DSC_1117_zpsmrrc9gwx.jpg

DSC_1118_zpsxjqgsi8f.jpg

The End...!

The lack of an engine doesn't bother me, as I prefer to display a complete aircraft, rather than all 'opened up', and the rivets didn't look too bad under paint, in photos of a built example I saw yesterday. But the wheels certainly look strange - not sure if the hub diameter is too large, or the profile too 'flat', or both.
Also the external armour windscreen is a separate part for some strange reason, to fit onto a complete 'screen (no aperture for the armoured section), which could lead to problems during assembly/painting.
But, other than that, for the price it looks reasonably good overall, and I'll probably still get one - at least there's a 'useable' Mk1/MkIIa now available in this scale, rather than the old original Revell kit from the late 1960s.

With Terry, though they cold have easily thrown in an extra engine sprue from their classic series Spit. I do wish, though, that Revell would take a lesson from Zvezda on how to box a kit.

Great scores Andy and Jan! The rivets do indeed look a little excessive Jan, but still a very nice looking kit.

And cheers guys for the comments re my latest. With the Freighter, she's a bit of big girl, but she's still kinda cute... :)

The Lincoln is an interesting prospect Dave. I have successfully used vacform canopies, but never made a full blown vac kit yet. As I have a kiwi Lincoln conversion slowly on the go already, she will either become an RAAF long nose MR 31 or 32, or be offered in exchange for a Contrail (vacform) Short Singapore III, Fairey Gordon, or Fairey IIIF, all missing from my kiwi collection.

Doesn't look bad at all Jan and if Terry likes it then that's good enough for me....

Now I just couldn't resist......it will be interesting comparing it to my other 109's, in the box it does look pretty good.

Attachments

• Eduard Bf109G-6_3807.jpg
    Eduard Bf109G-6_3807.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back