Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll bet Ivett doesn't know about this...:evil4:

She wears the handcuffs Wayne... :)

Nice scores btw Jan!

My latest:

Omega Models #72 391: De Havilland DH 80A Puss Moth

STA55006.JPG

Magna Models #8972: De Havilland DH 104 Dove Mk.IB (to become a Devon)

STA55007.JPG

Could have provided that '13' decal Jan, should have let you know....my bad....

I probably won't use the '13' on my Barracuda G-10 sheet either....

Could have provided that '13' decal Jan, should have let you know....my bad....

That's ok Master Wayne, just send me the cost for the set and we'll call it even... :lol:

I probably won't use the '13' on my Barracuda G-10 sheet either....

I'll be happy to take those of your hands... :D

I don't know if I've got something that you need/want though...

Cheers guys, and yeah Bill, the procuring is going alot faster than the building at moment!

Another future kiwi arrived today:
Airfix #01042: Westland Scout AH Mk.I, 1:72. (to be converted to an RNZN Wasp HAS. Mk.I)

STA55009.JPG

Nice one Evan. I remember building the Scout kit when it was first released - just after Moses was promoted from Corporal. It really impressed me back then, being, for the time, a very detailed and nicely produced kit. Very soon after, 'Airfix Magazine' ran an article on how to convert it to the 'Wasp' !!

These all came within the last couple of days. I bought the 109s so I'd have a choice for the group build. The Zvezda kit looks absolutely amazing! It has a full engine with 2 sets of exhausts, two different tails, 3 different upper nose cowls, 4 different windscreens, 2 different canopies,and a whole helluva lot of parts. And that's just what I noticed taking a five minute peek into the box!
But I think I'll be going with the Hasegawa 109 for the GB. I just don't see how I could get the Zvezda kit together and do it justice in the time frame of a group build.

Attachments

• P8060991.JPG
    P8060991.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 70
  • P8060992.JPG
    P8060992.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 64
  • P8060993.JPG
    P8060993.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 70
Good buys Glenn. The Zvezda kit is a beaut and I think you'll like it. I've been a bit tardy with posting pics but will get there. The Has 109 goes together well. It's a simple build that you can get through quickly if you go OOB.

Nice ones Glenn!

Cheers too Terry! Even now she's a nice kit, let down mainly by the terrible glasswork. Hoping to find an Airwaves conversion set to make her a Wasp, but if no joy there would be keen to read such an article.

Hard to believe that I have passed up a lot of deals but I am now limiting my next purchases to moderately priced 1/48 kits of the following: Supermarine S6B which I believe are Testors or Hawk and a Ju87A, Special Hobby is the only on that makes this for beaucoup dollars.

Geo

I might have that copy of Airfix Magazine Evan - I'll let you know if I find it, although it might take some finding!
Shame about the transparent parts, they obviously haven't aged well - that's one thing I remember about the original kit - the canopy parts were so thin and clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back