Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The Canadian built Mk.XII couldn't fit the spinner on due to the larger size of the HS prop, at least the ones I've seen that stayed in Canada. I think I've seen a photo where they managed to shoe-horn a spinner on

f303d2630436167f9e49d0186129bd05.jpg

Nice haul Andy.
Not sure of the prop dimensions etc, but the Mosquito kit includes two sets of props. Depending which are used on the Mossie, the other set could possibly be adapted to make a HS prop for the Hurricane, although you'd need to fabricate the prop boss.

Yeah, thanks Terry. I think I read somewhere that the prop was the same as on the Mitchell but I might be mixing that up with another aircraft (FAA Corsair comes to mind). As I mentioned to Karl in a PM, it will likely be some time before I get to this one anyway. I suspect our Hurricane will be done before I finish this one!

Great purchases everyone! Just curious... what percentage of your builds do you do online here at WW2aircraft.net? I'm at 100%. Once I started doing online builds, it seems weird not to.

I'm gearing up for another 1/32 build. I got a whole slew of aftermarket stuff for it but this is the latest and greatest to arrive...

IMG_4491a_zps48ib9vgg.jpg

IMG_4492_zpsgjjai3cx.jpg

I've been wanting to try Henri Daehne's resin props for a while now and finally have the opportunity to do so. I picked up three sets: two for the Dora and one for the 109K. The Dora first up...
IMG_4493_zps4pgbptfa.jpg

Henri's props come with home-printed instructions. Modest but very informative and with lots of exact measurements.
IMG_4494_zpszjixzvw1.jpg

IMG_4495_zpsqiwkdxgu.jpg

IMG_4496_zpsny9c0qcv.jpg

I've never seen resin with this type of shiny surface before. It looks a lot like grey styrene.
IMG_4497_zpsjg2dfolx.jpg

The detail on the hub will be a great upgrade over the feature-less rings found on the Hasegawa Dora kit.
IMG_4498_zpsqyogqahs.jpg

I've had to resort to manually adding rivets to my spinners but I could never hope to get this level of fine detail. The excess resin will have to cleaned off of course but I'm really excited to see how the multi-part prop and spinner will look like after some paint and weathering.
IMG_4499_zpsmolviuuu.jpg

The K-4 prop and the 2nd Dora prop are for future builds. I already have a 1/32 Hasegawa Bf109K-4 kit as well as a 1/32 Hasegawa Big Tail 190D-9 kit on my shelf.
IMG_4500_zps9pw4jqre.jpg

The K-4 instructions are very similar to the ones from the Dora prop and include photos of the real life prop and spinners that Henri obtained measurements from.
IMG_4501_zpsjgaueov4.jpg

IMG_4502_zpsh5ea38fy.jpg

IMG_4503_zpsxv8mqezc.jpg

The same flawless and shiny resin castings are found on the K-4 prop. The hub is a single part compared to the 4-piece assembly for the bigger Dora hub.
IMG_4504_zpscos96wl2.jpg

IMG_4505_zpsx2n0cfml.jpg

Great detail on the hub. Hopefully, some of it will be seen peeping out of the cutouts in the spinner.
IMG_4506_zpsnn1ti8fn.jpg

IMG_4507_zpsyjvbfcjw.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back