Recent Purchases (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This morning the postmen brought me a quick disconnect fitting for a Badger Sotar 20/20 airbrush I have ordered. As well as these little wonders! I have also ordered a bunch of
the Exacto #1 handles to mount them on. The handles have not yet arrived either. I plan to use these more for scribing tasks than actual saws. I borrowed one from a friend and they work fantastically for that. The #2 set is .1mm wide and the #3 set is .15mm wide. Very fine indeed. The #1 set is also .1mm wide but they appear to be more generally saws of which I already have a supply.

$_58.JPG
$_12.jpeg

Good stuff Robert. When you get around to building the Avenger, have a look at my thread in the original PTO threads in the Group Builds, as there is a definite 'knack' for installing the turret !
From memory, I demonstrate this in the thread, using the Italeri kit, which is also a re-boxed AM kit.

The Xacto's are really just for the handles so I can use the Tamiya Craft Saws I recently got. Using them for scribing which is actually what they were designed for not really as a saw. The glue is a new one to me, I have seen multiple reviews that say it is not as hot as Tamiya Extra Thin but does a great job without so much melt and subsequent shrinkage. Going to try it for things like fuselage halves where often days later you tend to get some shrinkage. The two scribers I actually bought for both scribing and scraping things like nasty ejector pin marks in an area you can't easily get a sanding stick or filler in.

The airbrush thinner is also getting rave reviews as an true cross line acrylic paint thinner. If so it will be cheaper over the long haul then buying each manufactures thinner, but we will see. Also bought 2 bottles of their Airbrush Cleaner but they have not arrived yet. I will be using it with Tamiya, Vallejo Model Air and Model Color, Model Master Acrylics which are all of the acrylics I have. Also added 3 bottles of MRP paint including one I am going to try on my P-51D as an NMF. As a backup I bought 2 bottles of Model Master Enamel Chrome Silver which I have had good luck with.

Better believe it my friend!
Just thought that I'd see what G's up for a good price, Hasegawa, Trumpeter....and there they were!

They were Buy it Now as well, stop the watch....it's too slow as they say! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back