Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep, she's a very nice kit Terry! Admittedly haven't built mine yet, but have noticed only a couple of small mistakes:
First is that she's a 'standardised' kit, ie basic airframe with extra components for the Mks. VI, VII, VIII, and IX. As such, the fueslage detail is correct for a fixed tail wheel Mk.IX, but the lower tail detail will need correction for a MK.VIII, as will the shape of the retractable tailwheel doors (scribed on the inside of the fueslage to be cut out for this version). Also sadly only a fixed tail wheel is supplied, the retractable type will have to be modified from it or scratch built. The seat is also quite wrong and will also need correction/ replacement.

On the plus side, LF (blunt), F (standard) and HF (extended) wingtips are supplied, as are seperate panels for the bulged and teardrop cannon bulges,
Mk.I-IX and Mk.VIII-XVIII type tailplanes, B and C wing cannon, seperate round and tall rudders,a very nice Merlin engine, seperate cowlings, 2 Browning MG's(!), wing and centreline bombs with racks, large centreline fuel tank, and two 3 in. rockets with rails (alá Mk.XVIII), not to mention a fairly comprehensive cockpit, and detailed engine and wing cannon bays!
Not bad, eh? I think even Hasegawa/ Tamiya fanatics would find this a great score, if just for the extras!

Well then someone needs to show us some pics to see all this great value!

I'm with Wayne on that one!
Thanks Evan, great info! Not too bothered about a MkVIII, it'd be a IX I modelled. Good to know about the options though, and sounds fairly easy to correct for a MkVIII anyway.
Now, where's my bank robbers kit?!!

No worries Wayne, I'm used to it by now! Despite being a solderer in an electronics company, I have a strong distrust of machines that run on processors, and I think they sense it...

Give me a manual machine any day of the week..!

Here it comes boom! Basic stuff, and the kit is a 1/72 italeri (see how that goes)

Attachments

• ita0086.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 30
  • squ9065.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 29
  • squ10205.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 27
  • tes8828.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 32
  • tes50629c.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 30
I think its a P, and i'll take pics of the schemes when it gets here for you guys. I ordered it last Friday and they shipped it Wednesday. Talk about slow!!

I just wanted another model to do a NMF on.

Just took a look at it , its an F-51 (difference between F and P got no idea), Nice decal options(USAF,RAF,RNZAF) ,2 canopy options, recessed lines

looks a good kit man ,you'll enjoy it

Interesting ,It says F-51 on the box but has P-51 on the instructions???(Could be my bad I may of put P-51 instructions in there)

and yup RNZAF is Royal New Zealand Air Force

I'd take some photos for ya but the computer took a trip up shiit creek the other day

Thats alright, just snap when the comps good to go. Kit should be a 'whoop n' holla' after doing all these 1/48 kits. 1/72 is good for gifts to people.

Look forward to the finish! Once all my supplies arrive the B17 should be back on its wheel. Im sure my cheerleaders are disappointed! But I will be able to glue in all the windows with my canopy glue then mask them for the spray booth.. All patience

Users who are viewing this thread