Recent Purchases

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Once again, terry.. ACE! Hobbylinc got it wrong, which had me wrong..

Attachments

• PICT0704.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 42
  • PICT0705.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 44
Are there both wing-fuselage transition panels engraved?
And as memory serves the fuselage is a little bit too short.

I'll see the "circumstances" tonight when I get a lick on it.. have to do my SAT practice then I have a movie at 7:50. This babe is going to be a quickey!

"Hello old chap, just popping out to buy some glue."
And so read Jan's text message to me - yeah, b*ll*cks! Nearly bought the whole shop, didn't you?!
Great info on those P/F51's Evan. It really must be a b*mmer seeing your country's aircraft being shipped out like that, it's bad enough when it happens here in the UK. BTW, that 'third type of prop' might have been the Hamilton Standard, with the cuffs removed. The giveaway is normally the chord shape, and the width of the blade at the root, which, although similar in appearance to the Aero Products unit, is different on closer inspection. Of course, I could be wrong......

Nice buys Jan!!8)

Great info on those P/F51's Evan. It really must be a b*mmer seeing your country's aircraft being shipped out like that, it's bad enough when it happens here in the UK.

Guilty , I heard a while ago there was an airworthy Beaufighter coming from the UK to NZ , if you guys give us NZ2406 and NZ2427 I think we can send the Beau back where ever it is now

(most likely I can imagine the deal feel though and you guys have got the lot!!)

I want my dam Mustangs!

also Maglar your Stang looks tasty What are your plans for the RNZAF/RAF decals? go into the spears box? interested in sellin em?(Lessin's my will to live seeing RNZAF stuff go to waste )

An AIRWORTHY Beau!!?? Didn't know there were any! I did hear that a Beau was being exported in exchange for something else though, but I can't remember what. Far as I know though, it was a restored Beau, static display only. I'll see if I can find the magazine it was in.

Never owned a spares box.. if I dont keep em I guess I could send them to you. Depends on the shipping, I wouldnt charge you though.

Sweet Maglar! ,Il at least pay postage or send you something in exchange(Pm inbound)

Really Terry? I only heard it via word of mouth so didn't get much on it ,I think it was to be restored to airworthyness over here at ,all I heard was there was to be an airworthy Beau in NZ coming from England .I now think someone was pulling a fast one on me

Well maybe Andy can give us some pics?

Here ya go, ICM 1:48 spitfire MkVIII, plus the decal sheet I'll be using. At this stage it will be either one of the bottom two..

Attachments

• 400.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 399.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 398.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 397.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 395.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 401.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 403.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 42
  • decal1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 42
I'll tell ya why, they're bloody lazy! Most online shops are actual stores trying to fetch double business [In the US atleast]. Like megahobby.com, I google mapped their address and its some little store on a street. Their online support sucks, their communication is slow and not official, and they ship the wrong items. I got some testors putty when I wanted the clear parts cement, they said oh, what item do you want we'll ship. So I said I ordered testors clear parts and microscale masking liquid, hopefully I can double in on this gamble.

Users who are viewing this thread