Removing Klear?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

36feet10inches

Staff Sergeant
Jan 25, 2009
Newark, UK
I've had a Klear spillage on my desk and its dried - now looks like a big shiny puddle. Any ideas on how I might shift it without damaging the desk? the desk is just an Ikea thing made out laminate wood(-like-substance).
Cheers!

Removing paint now removing Klear :)

If it was on a floor (which, after all, is what it was designed for) it would wear off eventually with footfall and need a fresh application. I've no idea how you'd manage footfall with a desk top or even if it would do any good, wood being porous and all that.

Try rubbing the heel of your fist around in small circles, if heat/friction removes it you might be on to something.

Sorry I can't be more help.

The butt rub has to be worth a try!

Where DO you get your avatars?! (Isn't that Sarah Palin?)

I had a similar thing. (the Klear spillage, not Jan's avatar - unfortunately!)
Most of it I left, as it gave me a nice shiny desk, being on pine. But a large patch I was able to remove by rubbing with a wet cloth and detergent (washing-up liquid). Don't know if it'll work on laminates though, as it'll be like applying to plastic. You might just have to cover the rest of the desk, using Klear on a soft cloth, and then polish it!
I have noticed that it's dulled down with wear over the months though, and now looks more normal.

I hope that sweater was stress tested, because from where I'm sitting that baby looks like it's about to pop ..... oh wait, what am I saying!? Let's hear it for fabric fatigue! :twisted:

You can remove "Klear" using any solution containing ammonia. Some window cleaning fluids do." Klear" in the UK is discontinued. The replacement here is not the same formula. In the U.S "Pledge with Future Shine" is the same as good old "Future". In the UK Holloway House "Quick Shine Floor Finish" available from Lakeland, and I am sure other retailers, seems a good alternative if you can't find any original "Klear". It is an acrylic floor polish just like the original "Klear".
Useful test here.
Guys I may have found a replacement for Future/Klear - Britmodeller.com
Steve

You can remove "Klear" using any solution containing ammonia. Some window cleaning fluids do." Klear" in the UK is discontinued. The replacement here is not the same formula. In the U.S "Pledge with Future Shine" is the same as good old "Future". In the UK Holloway House "Quick Shine Floor Finish" available from Lakeland, and I am sure other retailers, seems a good alternative if you can't find any original "Klear". It is an acrylic floor polish just like the original "Klear".
Useful test here.
Guys I may have found a replacement for Future/Klear - Britmodeller.com
Steve

Great - thanks for that advice, I'll give it a shot.

I have ten bottles of Klear in the loft - should keep me going! :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back