Reserching a planes history???

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

If you're researching a USAAS/USAAC/USAAF/USAF or USN/USMC aircraft, you can search for the serial number HERE.

This is a convenient search facility built around Joe "Mr. Serial Number" Baugher's serial number listing which Cheddar Cheese linked above.

You'll get varying amounts of information depending on the airframe and whether or not it has an MACR associated with it...

Fade to Black...

Attachments

• three_stooges_127.wma
    12.9 KB · Views: 452
  • curly_146.jpg
    curly_146.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 488
Intially, I was researching the Sweet 17 (4297276)...but in this instance I was asking in a more general sense. From time to time I see pictures of planes and I wonder about the history...
Both of the sites posted were very helpful but I would still like to know what happened to the actual airframe for the Sweet 17...is there some sort of a list for that? I have already googled it...searched the 91st BG site and spoke to two crew members...no info.
Thanks for your help!

I am interested in recommendations re. how I might research history of a p-38 aircraft that a friend flew during WWII in Dutch New Guinea?
Thanks,
Bart

Thank you very much evangilder, trackend, and nonskimmer for the warm welcome!

P.S. - Trackend: (at the risk of being politically incorrect) what a lovely animated avatar!

Nonskimmer: I was in Ontario last year - saw the Hamilton Aviation Museum - Lancaster, T-33, CF-18, CF-86, 3 Harvards, fantastic!

Lou IV said:
Nonskimmer: I was in Ontario last year - saw the Hamilton Aviation Museum - Lancaster, T-33, CF-18, CF-86, 3 Harvards, fantastic!
Thanks for rubbing it in. :rolleyes:

;)

I plan to get out there to see it again, but I'm over in Nova Scotia. It's hard to get away to Ontario sometimes. I'd like to visit the RCAF Museum in Trenton too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back