Revell 1/32 P-51 "Flying Dutchman"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

javlin

2nd Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2007
MS
I started thes build a couple weeks ago while having to wait on some PE for Chikuma.The pit reminds me of a WingNuts build with the cage effect and it falls together very Nice fit by Rabu of RB Productions Store, Scale models and accessories by Radu Brinzan those are his belts in the seat took me 2.5/3 hrs to build and mount.The duct work behind the seat is pretty much SOP but the wings are like any I have done before on any plane will post pics as I get there.
p51 005.JPG

p51 002.JPG

p51 003.JPG

The pit couple touchups and off she goes.

p51 001.JPG

p51 002.JPG

The IP would of been better to punch the instruments then apply "I was this close"

p51 003.JPG

I have not been idle just slowed down between work and household stuff.I am just about ready to start the gloss black for the base to the Alclad Silver I think I may try some of the panels in a gray flat and spray the same silver and see what kind of contrast I get.The wings were tight ended up maybe removing about .010"off of the bottom of the copit assembly to get a better fit other than that it was a good fit with a couple of dabs of SG as filler nothing major.

The instructions show the different wing assembly unlike others.

p51 004.JPG

p51 001.JPG

p51 002.JPG

p51 003.JPG

Thks Geo Wojek and Andy this kit has been fun and enjoyable.The kit instructions show the inside frames of the glass flat black so I did also got the flaps installed in the down position.I have just maybe another 15/30 minutes of filling with SG and sanding and polishing then onto the gloss black. ;) Kevin

Looking good Kevin.
Interesting arrangement of parts for the wing leading edge - perhaps hinting that a B / C model might be planned for the future ?
Revell seem to be making some common parts moulds for some of their kits - their two 1/32nd scale Spitfires, for example, share some common parts, with grooves to remove bits depending on the Mark, and both kits bear the same copyright date, although the Mk.IX was released three years after their Mk.II.

Looking good Kevin.
Interesting arrangement of parts for the wing leading edge - perhaps hinting that a B / C model might be planned for the future ?
Revell seem to be making some common parts moulds for some of their kits - their two 1/32nd scale Spitfires, for example, share some common parts, with grooves to remove bits depending on the Mark, and both kits bear the same copyright date, although the Mk.IX was released three years after their Mk.II.
I think I heard that elsewhere also Terry which would be nice since the Trumpter/HB kits are just OK I like the design of this kit over the old Hase kit.

I really hope that Revell will release a decent B / C version, before I get too old and knackered to appreciate it.
Their original, late 1960's kit - still being 'pumped out' - is very far from accurate, and the only other alternatives in this scale are not quite accurate in outline, and fairly expensive.

The base gloss black worked the best it has ever done for me over the last few years sprayed wonderful .The silver I am so-so started with semi-matte silver too flat? went to airframe silver though not polished to bright so back to semi-matte look's OK?I think once I get the panels done and get the red yellow and OD glare panel all well be good.I did get the exhaust panel with MM Magnesium.I opted out of the grey panels and all one color silver saw another build just quite enough delineation for my likes.

p51 001.JPG

p51 003.JPG

Looks fine to me. Wings were painted in reality and fuselage bare so a flatter finish on the wings works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back