Revell 1/32 Spitfire MK1 #4555

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The G was two generations on from the E. It is a very different aircraft.Development during wartime was very fast.

Not to nit pick but the view from the standard Gustav canopy with standard armour was hardly an improvement over the Emil. The introduction of an armoured glass panel in the rear armour was the first attempt to rectify this,followed later by the "Erla" hood. The view from all Bf 109s was bad compared to most of their contemporaries.

Steve

Less framing in the way, was what I meant. And agreed that the view was somewhat less than optimal. I was giving a quick answer to give a basic idea. One hopes that individual research will take over from there.

I got the decals today,will apply in a bit. I think this will look good. BTW what is the Hu colour for the 109f interior. I painted it 163.....wrong

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
BTW what is the Hu colour for the 109f interior. I painted it 163.....wrong

I agree with CR's post above - RLM66. Aso I have answered your question about the colour in the thread for the Bf 109G. There is no need to post it twice.

Well she is almost done. Decals applied,final gloss clear to preserve the decals All I need to do is repaint the exhaust,some retouch of the landing gear. Paint the green and red lights,the yellow light on the belly,prop and stuff. Oh flat rattle can paint the entire plane and finish the canopy.Feel good about this build,not perfect,but better than I thought I was capable of. BTW the leading edge of the right wing is just fine. Must be a reflection. The me 109,not G as per instructions will be will be an F. It will be that much cleaner. Without you guys,and you know who you are, I would have conceded to failure.

Attachments

• rrr 001.JPG
    rrr 001.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 104
  • rrr 002.JPG
    rrr 002.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 114
  • rrr 003.JPG
    rrr 003.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 91
Looking really very nice. :thumbright: :thumbright:

Also please post a few pictures of the wing tops and undersides for Bf 109 in the thread about it. I would like to check something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back