Revell 1/32 Spitfire MK1 #4555

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This, Wrong stuff?

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 82
Judging by the effect you got , it appears a wrong stuff. Humm.. the multi-purpose paint... the Murphy's rule says if something is for all purposes that means it is no good. :( Or the layer of that was too thin.

There should be plenty of 1/32nd scale decals for the BoB period for Spitfires - have a look at Hannant's in the UK as a starting point (they ship world wide, and are probably the oldest company anywhere in the world dealing with modelling products. If nothing else, they will have roundel and code letter decals.
It's best to spray the decal sheet if possible, using a good quality modelling or artists acrylic aerosol varnish. As already mentioned, leave the sheet at least 12 hours. preferably 24 hours, after spraying before using.
Remember the motto - 'Modelling is not a race' !!

Just ordered the BOB pt 1 decals. Will kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Even though the me 109 ones are for the e type and mine is the G. Rudder stripes will need the red corner clipped I see

Attachments

• SE-32-001.jpg
    SE-32-001.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 101
Well I am kinda glad the decals were toast, the red seemed a little too dark and faded. While I wait for delivery, I am going to start the 109 of that series and year 1990.

Don't be surprised if the red in the new decals looks the same - it's supposed to look dark and faded, the RAF colour being called 'Dull Red' . It's certainly not a bright red as on a fire engine. Note that both of the kits you have, although maybe showing 1990 as the release date, were originally released in 1968-1969, being the first commercially available plastic kits in this scale. This is why there are features such as retractable landing gear and working control surfaces - they were aimed at what was then a different market, where many sales came from the toy sector, with 'serious' modellers being overjoyed at this new, what was then huge scale, however inaccurate some of the kits might be.

Always a wealth of information AF. If I keep reading your post I will be able to go out on the lecture circuit and discuss all ww2 aircrafts. Thanks for all your info. BTW what is the diff between 109e and 109g?

And wider-chord prop and different armament, different wing and empenage, different oxygen system, fuel system and instrumentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back