Revell 1/32 Spitfire MK1 #4555

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yep... I agree.

Also using the finer brush is a good idea. If you are worry about daubing the tail wheel you can use a piece of the aluminium foil you might find in your kitchen. Just wrap it with the piece of the foil tight. Also you can use a triangle in shape piece of the foil to protect the wheel tyre and hub sides against painting when applying the Sky colour on the tail wheel "fork". Just put it with the triangle top down between the wheel and the "fork arm". If it is possible of course.

Last edited:
The belly is done.Now to embark on my 1st attempt at camo.This is what I came up with. Any advice or does this look ok.Hu163 Hu29 paint

Attachments

• next 001.JPG
    next 001.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 100
  • next 002.JPG
    next 002.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 115
  • next 003.JPG
    next 003.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 106
  • next 004.JPG
    next 004.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 102
  • sky 002.JPG
    sky 002.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 112
  • sky 003.JPG
    sky 003.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
I think you can use the Hu163 and 29. However please check on the layout of camo spots. These you marked with the pencil look a little bit different than it should be methinks. What is the code for the Spitfire and its serial?

Here you are examples for camo pattern A and B... pic source the net.

The A pattern..

GB-48th-Spitfire-MkI-Rotol-11.jpg

The B pattern..

GB_Airfix_spit1_11.jpg

Last edited:
Revised. Hope you can understand this

Attachments

• wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 001.JPG
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 001.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 106
  • wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 002.JPG
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 002.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 116
  • wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 003.JPG
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 003.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 108
  • wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 004.JPG
    wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww 004.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 108
Yes I can. No problem. But I would wash these lines off with warm water and soap rather or just would use an eraser for removing them and will trace them again. Unfortunately these pencil traces can be noticed through a paint layer. But it depends on you only if you do that or don't.

Wurger,I noticed that too.I will catch that on the next go round. Need to use finer brush.So what do you think? All your posts help me out. Thanks everyone, and hi Woody(I hope thats not what you are sporting all the time):lol:
:

:laughing3:

Well I am back,but after seeing LW zero detail, I have to say, Wayne you are a fn great model builder.Here is my lame attempt at building this. Just finished the paint.(don't laugh) It is the best I have in my toolbox at the time. If putting together a scale aircraft was as easy as putting together a Kinder egg toy, what would be the challenge.I strive for the talent you guys have. Well,what do you all say

Attachments

• well 004.JPG
    well 004.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 70
  • well 001.JPG
    well 001.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 98
  • zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 004.JPG
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz 004.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 84
  • well 002.JPG
    well 002.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 92
Coming along quite well just keep at it i have learned so much here great place to share and learn.

The colours look really good. There are varying degrees of the paint's flatness whcih is not uncommon. My recommendation at this stage would be to get yourself a rattle can of gloss clear coat (IIRC, you don't use an airbrush) and spray it on th emodel before adding the clear parts. Once that's dry, apply the decals and then get yourself a rattle can of flat or matte clear coat and spray it all over to seal the decals. Then add the clear parts and fiddly bits.

It's coming along to be a fine looking model. You work on the seems is paying off.

I agree with the guys, and for a first attempt, it's darned good. You might find that brushing the matt clear will leave streaks and/or brush marks. But, if you're unable to spray, add a touch of thinners to the matt clear, and use a wide, soft brush, probably a #4, and apply in quick, even stokes, going one way only.
Let this dry thoroughly for about 24 hours. If there are uneven areas or streaks, then try wiping over with a soft, clean, damp cloth. If they don't disappear, then another coat might solve things, but the decision is yours of course.
Matt clear can be applied successfully with a brush, but it MUST be thoroughly stirred before, and during use, and practice eventually brings good results.

Thanks guys. I am somewhat happy. Here she is with gloss, decals to follow

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 92

Users who are viewing this thread