Revell 1/48 P51D Mustang "Big Beautiful Doll"

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Maglar

Tech Sergeant
Jan 29, 2009
Florida
We made it guys! And yes, she is quite beautiful. Decaled it today and it is done, the checkered decals were a pain in the butt and I got some tiny air pockets but im not worried about it. I had to omit the red lines because I cut it out and when I slid it off the sheet it ripped, I think its justified without it anyway.. Let me know what you think :p

Attachments

• PICT0495.JPG
    PICT0495.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 202
  • PICT0496.JPG
    PICT0496.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 191
  • PICT0497.JPG
    PICT0497.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 213
  • PICT0498.JPG
    PICT0498.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 194
  • PICT0499.JPG
    PICT0499.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 202
Hey, pretty good! Don't know if you can do it, or want to, but the 78th used the 'tear drop' shaped drop tanks, as shown in the attached pics. Can't remember if the kitv has both types of tank though.
That's Col. Landers getting into the first Mustang - obviously not using BBD that day!
Nice work, especially those tricky decals for the nose, well done.

Attachments

• Chook.jpg
    Chook.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Chook 001.jpg
    Chook 001.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Chook 002.jpg
    Chook 002.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 164
Maglar, pretty good job! I see you had a touch of trouble with the nose checkerboard decal. Again, good job!

Bill G.

@ Airframes, It only had those tanks which is fine, but on the canopy glass it has the landers decal :D.

@Bill, thanks bill, the nose was a struggles.. 4 pieces of angle decals, yeah..

Hi Maglar. Good job. I'm hoping to use the coming easter long weekend to paint my 1/32 Hasegawa BBD and am anxious about those nose decals too. I dare say they're be a 'help me' post closer to that time. Naturally I'll post pics but not too soon.

It wasnt too bad, but I accidently put the bottom one on the top and had to take it off while it was doing its stick reaction. I brushed down water on the model then put them on, there were tons of air bubbles because it requires you to cut flaps into the checker-pattern to wrap the nose therefore air gets in constantly. Mine doesnt look amazing but I pulled off the P51 look and im fine with that. Maybe a decal solvent or something would help.. might buy some. But dont stress too hard, I didnt get mine right and I think the model still looks great, but I also made it :D

Nice work there ............ but please ditch that pilot :| ....... he looks like he's "chokin' the chicken" in photo 4 :shock:

LOL! Its all camera angle, if I took it on the other side his hand is on his right knee. But hes gotta do something while on 'break' time :D. I painted him too well to ditch him, hes the cherry on the ice cream.

Chokin' the chicken! :lol:

Lovely build Magler, you're doing some nice bare metal birds! :thumbleft:

Yeah its getting better.. did a glossy black undercoat and a gloss cote seal on this one, much better then the P38!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back