Revell 1/72 Me 410A-2/U4

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

aircro

Airman 1st Class
Jan 10, 2009
I've got this model as gift sunday before (10 days ago). It's of course old Matchbox and looks nice - lenght is ok and wing span is 1mm to long - negligible. I compared it with Mushroom drawings which is not in proportion - 1,3mm in lenght and 4mm in span too short.
Picture047.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Picture052.jpg

Picture057.jpg

And from last week
Picture063.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture061.jpg

Picture060.jpg

And this
Picture058.jpg

And when I finished this yesterday...
Picture067.jpg

Picture069.jpg

... then I discovered that on almost all photos 'Hornet' have closed WHEEL DOORS:shock:STUPID:banghead:STUPID:banghead:STUPID:banghead:!!!!

Last edited:
I've got this model as gift sunday before (10 days ago). It's of course old Matchbox and looks nice - lenght is ok and wing span is 1mm to long - negligible. I compared it with Mushroom drawings which is not in proportion - 1,3mm in lenght and 4mm in span too short.

What you have there is definetely not the Matchbox kit repop. To me, it looks like it might be the old Lindberg kit. I can't remember if Revell did a Me410 way back in the 60's or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just noticed the raised panel detail, so I tend to agree that it's not the old Matchbox kit. I seem to recall that both Revell and Frog produced a '410 in the mid to late 1960s, so possibly the original Revell moulds?

I've just noticed the raised panel detail, so I tend to agree that it's not the old Matchbox kit. I seem to recall that both Revell and Frog produced a '410 in the mid to late 1960s, so possibly the original Revell moulds?
Hm:confused:, but Matchbox's B-17G, Bf 110C, Gladiator also had raised panel lines, so are they Matchbox mould or not:scratch:. To me it looks to much as Bf 110, hard to not be Matchbox.

How many differnt colours in the plastic of the kit? If it's a Matchbox there will genrally be at least two if not three

I've still got an original-issue, un-built Matchbox B17G, and it's got engraved panel lines and details. The company were the first to introduce engraved lines, and are known for their trench-like depth. AFAIK, all of their kits were engraved, from first introduction, to the demise of the brand.
When Revell acquired the Matchbox moulds, the issues were released in a single-colour plastic, replacing the 3 colours used by MB, which was aimed at the younger modeller, to attract a new audience, where painting wasn't required. These were released alongside 'traditional' Revell kits, and also with Revell re-boxings of kits from other manufacturers.
Looking at the pics of your kit, I don't think it's a former Matchbox moulding and, if not in a Revell box, could be Frog, or the re-packaged Novo example of the same kit, or an original Revell. (The detail looks a little heavy for Frog).

Update from last time
Sinks
Picture071.jpg

Picture072.jpg

Loose time with this
Picture085.jpg

So decide to scratch matrix
Picture087.jpg

Intake in drawings looks more like Kagero than Mushroom
cosford09016.jpg

cosford09007.jpg

Underwing intake
Picture072-3.jpg

Picture074.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Radiator how I made
Picture092.jpg

Picture093.jpg

Picture094.jpg

Interior
looks like to much post shading, but not when put halfes
Picture096.jpg

Picture071-2.jpg

Picture072-2.jpg

Picture074-2.jpg

Picture075-2.jpg

Stick
Picture079.jpg

Pedals on mm paper
Picture097.jpg

Nacelle
Picture086.jpg

BK 5 compared with BK 7,5 of Italieri Hs 129B-3, will be a bit thined because barrel ain't properly round
Picture099.jpg

Picture100.jpg

And tail wheel with spring and wire from what is made

Picture091.jpg

Added small holes, side rod and wire
Picture076.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back