REVELL AD6 SKYRAIDER 1/40

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

deckape

Staff Sergeant
Jul 26, 2011
Moraine Ohio U.S.A.
Ahoy
Its been a longggggggggggg while since I been here on my favorite forum a lot of changes were made here as I can see. Okay Fellas old boats has something quite different then the usual. Here is my 1960 release of the Able Dog this kit is ancient as the model T its been around through out the 1960s, This kit went out of production for 50 years or so I had this since I was in the Navy and bought it at the ships store. This is a gimmick model it does everything but fly so it has been calling on me I couldn't find a better place to build it but here. Okay fellas below are the pictures of the kit Later tyhis evening I will post a update build report.

Boats

Attachments

• SAM_0520.JPG
    SAM_0520.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 282
  • SAM_0521.JPG
    SAM_0521.JPG
    218.3 KB · Views: 254
  • SAM_0522.JPG
    SAM_0522.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 364
  • SAM_0523.JPG
    SAM_0523.JPG
    317.9 KB · Views: 259
  • SAM_0524.JPG
    SAM_0524.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 270
  • SAM_0525.JPG
    SAM_0525.JPG
    222.2 KB · Views: 420
Great to see you back here Boats !
If this is the kit I think it is, with removable engine cowling panels, and other opening bits, then I remember being fascinated by it's detail (for the time), and relatively large size, when my older brother built one.
In 1960 in the UK, 1/48th scale was fairly rare, with a handful of kits from Revell, Monogram, Aurora and Hawk, (1/32nd scale hadn't even been heard of back then). With this being even larger, at 1/40th, it seemed huge compared to the usual 1/72nd scale kits of the time, and very impressive to a young boy.
I've been wanting to see this kit built for many years, so I'm looking forward to watching your build.

Ahoy Fellow modelers

thanks very much guys for your wonderful welcoming, Okay been on this for a day or so I forgot how crude this old kit is. A lot of clean up was needed before the construction that will follow. Here for the update build report the entire wing assembly has been assembled along with the retracting landing gear and folding wings this unit will be primed later during the construction. The landing flaps will be added when the wing has been assembled to the fuselage assembly. Next the fuselage and dive break assembly will be next on the building. The dive brakes open and close like the real one does with the operation of the stabilizers. Below are the update pictures again thanks very much everyone for your wonderful welcoming.

Boats:thumbright::razz:
SAM_0527.JPG
SAM_0528.JPG
SAM_0529.JPG
SAM_0530.JPG
SAM_0531.JPG
SAM_0532.JPG
SAM_0533.JPG

Ahoy Fellows
thanks again for your hardy welcome again I am honored a lot of work has been done on this old relic since the last update build report. Everything is now flowing smoothly the dice brakes and landing gear function very well a lot of trimming here and there but its expected from such an old kit. As seen from the photos I have completed the wing and fuselage sub assemblies and were given two coats of primer checked and re checked for any imperfections I could not find any so everything is on the go as the build follows.

Boats:salute::thumbright:
SAM_0535.JPG
SAM_0535.JPG
SAM_0536.JPG
SAM_0537.JPG
SAM_0538.JPG
SAM_0539.JPG
SAM_0540.JPG
SAM_0541.JPG
SAM_0542.JPG
SAM_0543.JPG

Ahoy Gents
Thanks guys for your wonderful comments old boats been at this she is getting there it wont be to long until she is done and I will go to something else. Okay taken from the last update build report The model has been all assembled with the exception of the other parts which will follow. The entire plane has been primed and ready for the Dark Sea Blue color schedule Korean war. Now I am working on the engine assemblies just finished priming them letting dry until dry touch and paint same. For an old ancient kit I made me feel 50 years younger to resume on something you haven't built since boyhood. All working parts work very well weithout fuss I built her as a gimmick model for a kit in this nature it wont hurt. Okay guys below are the pictures next will be the armament such as rockets and fuel squibs or drop tanks they will be built primed and painted before it is installed on the model.

Boats:thumbright::thumbleft::D

Attachments

• SAM_0553.JPG
    SAM_0553.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 153

Users who are viewing this thread

Back