Revell B-17F 'Memphis Belle' 1/48 scale

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh man, the loft sounds great. If only you could get some ventilation installed up there and make it your own space.

Love the coffee cup pedestal but be carefull the model doesn't slip off and bust your .50's.

Don't worry. I just put it on there so I could take a descent picture.

I realised that I made a boo-boo there. After looking at the instructions again, I noticed that the back half of the inside is aluminium, so I've yet to correct that.

Well I've just been looking at some images of the 'Memphis Belle' and it appears that it is in fact all green on the inside.

Yep, the B17F was Interior Green virtually throughout. It wasn't until the last production block, and then the B17G, that the rear fuselage was left bare, to save production time.

Had some more progress yesterday. All windows are fitted on sides of the fuselage. Need to mask off and paint the ball turret and rest of windows before I can assemble the fuselage. Not sure of the best way to do this yet. Andy ideas???

Our local Antics shop was closed today, but I managed to get some 10mm Tamiya tape from hobbycraft (which is where I bought my model). Shall be having ago tomorrow when I've got the house to myself. Less chance of distractions then.

Well I've finally managed to do some more on my model today. I have masked out all the clear plastic, and I think they cam out pretty well. Although the I'm not too impressed with the ball-turret. I've glued the fuselage together and also the wings. The fitting together was a real pain, although the gaps aren't as bad as I thought they would be. I'll take some pics when I get chance so you can judge for yourself.

I'm in the same boat - started modeling last year as an adult having only built models when I was a youngster, no room for a man cave with 4 kids and all. I've got several large toolboxes that serve as my portable shed - set up on the dining room table to work then put everything away. I'm fine with it though - doesn't make the hobby any less enjoyable.

You know I've seen that big B-17 kit on the top shelf of my LHS and wondered what it was all about, looking forward to watching you build it.

Finally managed to take some pics this morning. Here are the pics of the masked clear parts.

Attachments

• DSCF5353.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCF5356.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCF5358.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCF5359.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCF5360.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 164
And here are a few of the wings and fuselage glued.

Attachments

• DSCF5370.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCF5369.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCF5367.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 155
  • DSCF5366.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 153
  • DSCF5363.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 156
And finally, a few more.

The last pic is with the wings fitted, but not glued. I just wanted to see what it looked like. It looks like they is going to be quiet a gap when glued.

Attachments

• DSCF5371.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 163
  • DSCF5375.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCF5376.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 179
Thanks Glenn. Yeah I was surprised by that myself. They do need a bit of sanding but not much.

Users who are viewing this thread