revell/monogram spitfire MkII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ahoy Karl
I have some data about the kit I built one of these kits when it was first released. Monogram produced this kit in November 1962 it was aniother gimic model the prop spins aqnd the undercarriage is retractable not a bad kit for its day as for the decals I am in the dark its been almost 50 years ago scince I had this kit all I can remember is the decals were roundels and it had squadron codes not a bad spit. If I were you get the Tamiya kit its miles better.
Boats
i did just that Boats and got a Tamiya kit

The Mk II is from the 70s, it was reissued the 1990s, its a decent kit and has raised detail and some nice stuff, but it does need some work also.

The one I have had two decal choices, Douglas bader and I forget the other.

2.jpg

Last edited:
Ahoy Karl
I have some data about the kit I built one of these kits when it was first released. Monogram produced this kit in November 1962 it was aniother gimic model the prop spins aqnd the undercarriage is retractable not a bad kit for its day as for the decals I am in the dark its been almost 50 years ago scince I had this kit all I can remember is the decals were roundels and it had squadron codes not a bad spit. If I were you get the Tamiya kit its miles better.

Boats
That's their MK IX, the Mk II is a different kit boats.

Monogram Spitfire Mk II (Introduced in 1979, retooled 1994)
Spitstudio-1.jpg

Monogram Spitfire Mk IX (early 60s kit)
2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back