Riverside Air Show, April 1, 2006 (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

evangilder said:
Thanks Syscom. I picked up the Nikon D50. It was a package deal with a 28-80 zoom lens. I then picked up the 70-300 zoom, which is what produced the above shots. The results are quite impressive.
I have a 70 - 300 and find it the most useful lens at shows but don't pretend to have shots as good as these. Not that expensive either.

Just keep experimenting with it and you will find what works best. There are a ton of setting on my camera and I am still tweaking for the best settings. They look good, but I know they can be better.

Best so far but room for improvement

Attachments

• Wildcat.JPG
    Wildcat.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 77
Sorry guys way to large. Can someone tell me how to preview the post. I tried but the picture didn't come up so I had no idea how it was going to look when posted.

That doesn't look bad, Glider. Did you size it down from the camera, or was that the size that was output? One key thing to remember is that when you reduce the size of the image for web viewing, you will lose some of the clarity. That is where photoshop can help alot. Using the filter tool, select sharpen and the details will be better reproduced in the reduce image. There is a fine balance though so use it sparingly. Sharpen edges can also help, but can also cause jagged, pixellated edges.

You might want to do some very fine adjustments to brightness and contrast to better bring out the colors. Just a few tricks of the trade.

Thanks Dan! I am placing an order for more memory cards for the Chino show. WIth the lineup for this year, the last thing I want is to run out of space before the warbirds take flight. More good stuff soon.

Yes, and if I put up a 12 month that starts next year, it's a bit early for that. I will probably start the 12 month calendar edits in August for 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back