Rock Im Park 2008

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I am psyched about seeing Metallica for the 10th time at Rock im Park. Especially now that they have found that spark again and are playing like they are back in 1988!

Yes it was just confirmed that Metallica and Rage Against the Machine will be playing at the Pinkpop festival as well.

Damn that festival is expensive. It costs the same as Rock im Park but only 30 to 40 bands play at the Pinkop where as 80 to 90 bands play at Rock im Park.

Yep, we're not so lucky. Probably cannot get a babysitter for my son, so I'll have to watch it on TV.

I am psyched about seeing Metallica for the 10th time at Rock im Park. Especially now that they have found that spark again and are playing like they are back in 1988!

They are playing well, seems Kirk has done some practise which is great.

If they went back to their Marshall amps for live use they would sound even more amazing. Unfortunately with the current amps kirks tone gets a little muddy, mesa boogie is the amp.

Though Kirk signed with Krank amps a month or two back and I'm yet to him with that so that may improve the overall tone from his guitar.

They are awesome eithe way though:D

all I can say adler is lucky! Im going to go and see Iron maiden and ozzy next year. I hope Zak Wylde is with him.

Zak allways plays with Ozzy.

Dont get your hopes to high for Ozzy, his shows are no longer that spectacular. The man is losing it...

As for Iron Maiden I will be seeing them for the 4th time next summer when they play at the Wacken Open Air Festival in Germany.

Some more rumors for Rock im Park 2008:

Volbeat
HIM
Bad Religion
Sex Pistols
Danko Jones
Flogging Molly
Sick Of It All
Queens of the Stone Age
The Prodigy

Are now added to a list of:

Alterbridge (Have said they will play European Festivals)
Sum 41
Van Halen
Bruce Springsteen
Slipknot (Have said they will play European Festivals)
Mudvayne (Have said they will play European Festivals)
Disturbed (Have said they will play European Festivals)
International Noise Conspiracy
Serj Tankien (Solo performance by singer of System of A Down)
NOFX ((Have said they will play European Festivals and allready confirmed for Nova Rock which is 1 week after Rock im Park)
Incubus
In Extremo

and Again Bands that are confirmed:

Metallica
Motorhead
Babyshambles
Bullet For My Valentine
Die Toten Hosen
Dimmu Borgir
In Flames
Nightwish
Rage Against The Machine
Sportfreunde Stiller
The Hellacopters

New Rumors for Rock im Park 2008 to add to the rumors below.

Volbeat

Machine Head (Playing Festivals with Metallica and Metallica is at Rock im Park. So that should be mean they are at Rock im Park as well.)

Confirmed for Rock Im Park 2008

Metallica
Motorhead

Babyshambles
Bullet For My Valentine
Die Toten Hosen
Dimmu Borgir
In Flames
Nightwish
Rage Against The Machine

Sportfreunde Stiller
The Hellacopters

Rumors so far for Rock im Park 2008

Alterbridge (Have said they will play European Festivals)
Sum 41
Van Halen
Bruce Springsteen
Slipknot (Have said they will play European Festivals)
Mudvayne (Have said they will play European Festivals)
Disturbed (Have said they will play European Festivals)
International Noise Conspiracy
Serj Tankien (Solo performance by singer of System of A Down)
NOFX ((Have said they will play European Festivals and allready confirmed for Nova Rock which is 1 week after Rock im Park)
Incubus
In Extremo
Volbeat
HIM
Bad Religion
Sex Pistols
Danko Jones
Flogging Molly
Sick Of It All
Queens of the Stone Age
The Prodigy

Users who are viewing this thread