Rocketeer's slow P-51D

One of the cockpit pieces I do have is the Flash shield that pulls over the pilots head after he drops a nuke. It is sectioned and attachs to the bulkhead behind the seat.
 
Yep, be nice to see here "moving" again.


.
 
Most progress has been made on the history side. I have been in contact with the pilot's daughter who has been brilliant. She has provided so much history including photos of the aircraft and its 'Damm Yankee' nose art. Today she sent through proof that my Mustang was the one he was flying when he share a Me163 kill! She is sending a video of the gun camera film.

Aircraft wise, the engine stand is built, painted in my house colours....now all we need to do is lift it over lol.
 
Very pleased!
 

Attachments

  • P1060385.jpg
    P1060385.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 178
Great find Tony!! I remember how happy I was when I found mine, and it is only a gutted shell. That one looks pristine! Looks like it has a second crash pad over the light bulb access door. Never seen one with that before. Very cool!
 
Last edited:
That is a great find!
 
Just picked up a pair of K14 dimmers, one for me and one for Geedee!
 

Attachments

  • P1060433.jpg
    P1060433.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 213
  • P1060436.jpg
    P1060436.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Nice !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back