Rocketeer's slow P-51D

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just those? Oh that's nothing then... :) :)

How did you get them Tony? I wouldn't imagine parts being too common..?

Thanx for comments.

Today, I have been working on my first castings of the wing tank gauges!! For those not in the 'know' they go in the cockpit floor. I cast a real one and the replicas are not bad.

They go each side of the pilots feet.....the photo below shows them on Millie G's wing

The fuselage fits onto the section and there is a small 'biscuit tin' that the pilot peers down to each gauge!

I will post a piccie of the gauges later

Attachments

• p51.jpg
    p51.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 266
Its always useful to have a picture of what you are going to have at the end....here are two P51's Gary and I photographed today!:D

Attachments

• IMG_9340.jpg
    IMG_9340.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_9345.jpg
    IMG_9345.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 255
Here they are! Wonder if there is a market for a kit to build a P-51D instrument panel?!!!

Attachments

• IM000437.jpg
    IM000437.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 273
Here they are! Wonder if there is a market for a kit to build a P-51D instrument panel?!!!

Second that!!

Heres the first one. I'm going to be using it for my '51 so I can still display where there are concerns about radiation (where there aren't, the original panel is going straight back in !

Apologies for the lousy pic, but my flash is not very good. I will take a better shot in daylight tommorrow so you'll be able to see all the contents...glass, screws, bezels, photos, blocks, handles etc. Build shots will be on my thread as I progress

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 236

Users who are viewing this thread

Back