Romanian forces to pull out of Iraq

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Konigstiger205

Staff Sergeant
Mar 20, 2007
Bucharest
Well, after 6 years it's time for the boys to go home. For the next period they will pack up the whole camp. Their place will be taken by American forces, ironically lead by a Romanian who left the country at 13 and joined the U.S. army at 18. There isn't much in the international news about it, not even in our own news. I just found out accidentally about it.Any thoughts about the retreat?

Well I didn't post this expecting for someone to have a problem with it. Event if someone had a problem, I wouldn't have cared. I just wanted to see what's the general opinion about the pull out. Even though we lost good men there, the missions in Iraq and Afghanistan were good for our people. It reaffirmed our external politics and provided a good exercise for our army, which unfortunately is in a bad state. I'm afraid of what will become of it, now that the mission in Iraq is over. Plus, it provided a very good source of income for our soldiers, which are payed miserably in our country.

Well I didn't post this expecting for someone to have a problem with it. Event if someone had a problem, I wouldn't have cared. I just wanted to see what's the general opinion about the pull out. Even though we lost good men there, the missions in Iraq and Afghanistan were good for our people. It reaffirmed our external politics and provided a good exercise for our army, which unfortunately is in a bad state. I'm afraid of what will become of it, now that the mission in Iraq is over. Plus, it provided a very good source of income for our soldiers, which are payed miserably in our country.

Do you know what kind of equipment your military uses?

Well I don't believe the fighters have been delivered yet. Last time I checked there were still negotiating about it, but I do know that they have chose the F16 over the Saab and the Eurofighter.

I don't have any firsthand feedback on the Romanian troops, but you guys were there, you guys did your part in the war on terrorism (which is the next world war, regardless of what the political types may say....everybody has a vested interest in keeping terrorism down)....you've earned the right to pull back any time!

Thought you sounded bummed about the pull-out, like they were cowards or something. Anyway, they still had the coolest base name: Camp Dracula (100% pure bad-azz)

I don't think that they are cowards, because they pulled out. But I wished they remained there, to gain more experience and to keep the army busy doing something.
P.S. Camp Dracula does sound pretty bad-ass, plus that the unit was named Red Scorpions, if I'm not mistaken :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back