Russian Pe-3 Bis, Russia's first use of radar for a night fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys.

David, based off of what I've seen, the interiors of the two, Pe2 vs. Pe3, are very similar if not exactly the same. The major difference between them was a change in engines and the end tail is a little different. I'm thinking of looking at a flight simulation of the office which would have something to go by. Either way, I really appreciate your help. Thanks.

That's true... but the main changing was that both P-2 and P-3Bis equipped with the radar device was two-seater plane while the standard bomber version had a crew consisted of three aviators.

And... a great work on the cockpit interior. However I'm not sure of the interior colour.I'll check it.

Thank you very much Wojtek; those links are prefect. I now know the lay of the instrument panel and some of the other goodies. I looked up what Humbrol 162 looks like and it looks like I may have it correct. I do see that a couple of the pictures has the gray looking more bluish. The first photo of the rear of the office looks like the correct shade.

David, that is fantastic! It gives me something to go from. Since the Pe-3 and Pe-2 are very similar, I would bet that the instrument and wiring layout are the same. Interesting that the inside is green and not gray. That may be a time thing or something else. I wonder if the color changed depending on changes in regulation or that gray was easier to get than green? Does anyone know why some aircraft are grey inside and others green?

Again Thank you so much... all of you... for your help and support.

My references say it could be a grey one or light blue-grey or of steel. However Russians used a blue-green or grey-greenish preservative for metal surfaces of fuselage. But none of them looked like the yellow-green in these pictures.

Appreciate it... I'll go with the grey. The best part is I'm not completely blind any more. Working on the instrument panels tonight. A lot of that interior I'll try to fabricate if its not included with the kit.

Did a little work over the weekend. I always seem to be busy with one thing or another. Drilled holes for the control panel on card and fitted it over what was provided. There are no decals for these panels so all of it is basically scratch built.

Users who are viewing this thread