Russian Pe-3 Bis, Russia's first use of radar for a night fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Finally finished it. I've gotten all the antennas on and wiring. Here are a couple preliminary photos. More will be posted once I figure out how to best photograph it. Quite the learning experience.

Attachments

• IMAG0001.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 89
  • IMAG0003.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 98
I realize my skills are not as nice as some folks but I hope you enjoy these photos. Please let me know if I got something wrong. As far as I can tell, this version is correct and the only model I found anywhere that is configured this way.

Attachments

• Pe3Bis 07.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 99
  • Pe3Bis 08.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Pe3Bis 09.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Pe3Bis 10.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 107
  • Pe3Bis 11.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 103
Thanks guys. Oddly enough, the wire is real wire. I found that the windings of one of those electric clocks is extremely thin. Trying now to determine what my next night fighter will be. I have a Potez 631, J1N1S Gekko, He 219 Uhu, and an all black Hawker Hurricane... This isn't counting of course the three widows on standby.

Last edited:
I thought I would revisit this thread just for fun. Since finishing this plane, I have found that it has become a Google source for photographs of this plane... A result of Wurger's interest by having it pinned to the top at one time I presume. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread