Russian Pe-3 Bis, Russia's first use of radar for a night fighter

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks guys for the support. Well I was able to do some respraying and I think the results are better. Tell me what you guys think. BTW... The side window is not uncovered yet when I took these photos. Next time. :) Working on subtle effects with some washes and drybrush. This may take awhile as I prepare our house for my wife's return from Russia. :)

Thank you for the help Wojtek. :thumbright:

Attachments

• IMG_3148.JPG
    IMG_3148.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3149.JPG
    IMG_3149.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_3150.JPG
    IMG_3150.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_3151.JPG
    IMG_3151.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_3152.JPG
    IMG_3152.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3153.JPG
    IMG_3153.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
I agree with Terry. But if you used the Dark Brown colour you should have used the third camo paint that was the Dark Grey... If you decided to make two-tone camo scheme it should have been the Black one instead of the brown colour. Like in the profile below..

pe2template1.jpg

Thanks guys, Wojtek I did use black but I think I lighten it incorrectly. The light might also have some effect on it. It's an old aquarium light. I'll see what I can do to darken it more so that it is correct.

Oh.. I see. But the colour does look like being dark brown on my screen. So if it is black it is correct. :)

Ok, got some of the bugs worked out of the camera. Here are a few updated photos. I have added the decals...total of six for this plane, the exhaust pipes, a couple of vents on the bottom not shown and the light in the port wing. The light was made and shown in an earlier post. Hope this looks better. Currently working on the landing gear which has become a little squirrely. Working on scratch building the mechanism for closing these landing gear doors. Apparently they were hooked up to the landing gear struts so as the landing gear was pulled in, the doors were pulled closed.

Attachments

• IMAG0002.JPG
    IMAG0002.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0002b.jpg
    IMAG0002b.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMAG0003.JPG
    IMAG0003.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 104
  • IMAG0004.JPG
    IMAG0004.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0005.JPG
    IMAG0005.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 103
  • light.jpg
    light.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 108
Right... well I've assembled the landing gear and have them attached. It was a little tricky but thanks to the drawings, I was able to pull it off. The plans leave something to be desired. There is a piston that pushes outward on the locking cross members. The push rod goes against this but the large end doesn't butt up to anything. It actually rests past the bottom of the "U" shaped struts and can really only be assembled right after the struts and locking cross members are in place. I'll post this later as time allows. Next will be the landing gear doors and retracting rods attached to the doors.

Here are some photos of the landing gear to show what I've been up to. These are very weak so be careful should you desire to work on this one. Still going forward on the plane. Hope to have more photos soon... :)

Attachments

• IMAG0023.JPG
    IMAG0023.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 100
  • IMAG0024.JPG
    IMAG0024.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back