Russian Planes

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

cheddar cheese

Major General
Jan 9, 2004
WSM, England
im quite interested in the russians and their culture and history and things, but ive got no idea what any of their planes were like. Could anyone tell me whether they were any good or not and what the best one was? cheers :)

cheers, now i can plot world domination :twisted: only joking, i just like the russians and was interested, thats all :)

I don't know much about the Eastern front and the Soviet air force, but I read that a French squadron was given the chance to choose any type of allied aircraft they wanted to use, and they chose the Yak-3. Also read that shortly after the Yak-3 (which came after the -9) went into service the Luftwaffe ordered its pilots not to engage any Yak that didn't have an air intake under its nose (the -3 has one in each wing root) because at low altitudes the Yak-3 was really good.

Archer said:
I don't know much about the Eastern front and the Soviet air force, but I read that a French squadron was given the chance to choose any type of allied aircraft they wanted to use, and they chose the Yak-3. Also read that shortly after the Yak-3 (which came after the -9) went into service the Luftwaffe ordered its pilots not to engage any Yak that didn't have an air intake under its nose (the -3 has one in each wing root) because at low altitudes the Yak-3 was really good.

Yak3-8.jpg

Yessir, in WWI, the French kicked some serious German ass in the air. They were one of the first countries to recognize the potential of aeroplanes as fighting machines, and exploited that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back