SA Model Expo (Adel) 2007

Beaut!
 
Heinz, it's the same number as the side number, so I assume it's just repeating it, much like the USN did with Corsairs on part of the wheel covers.
 
The next beautiful Wurger.:cool: Wayne.

In addition I agree with Catch22 the number was repeated there.:)
 
German engineering and attention to detail were very evident in the FW 190 series. By the time the FW system evolved into the Dora and Ta52 models, the changing of major components had reached what appeared to be modular swapping. A major feat at the time. It took the rest of the world at least another decade or more to grasp the idea!!!
 
Ok, enjoy some more....
 

Attachments

  • Fw190D-11_White 61_7678.JPG
    Fw190D-11_White 61_7678.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Fw190D-11_White 61_7702.JPG
    Fw190D-11_White 61_7702.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 103
  • Fw190D-11_White 61_7842.JPG
    Fw190D-11_White 61_7842.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Fw190D-11_White 61_7883.JPG
    Fw190D-11_White 61_7883.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 111
Great shots Wayne of my favourite Fw 190 (love the D-11!).

According to Planet models, Fw 190D-11 '61' was alternatively marked as '81' with the number 61 being retained on the wing leading-edges, although I don't know on what source they base that information. (I'm sticking to '61' for my kit, just to be sure...)

In addition to Wojtek's info on the Fw 190 S-5 and S-8, they were also known as A-5/U-1 and A-8/U-1, Two-seat trainer versions of the Me 262B-1a also having the U-1 suffix.
 
Wayne very nice shots here.:D

Evan THX for supporting.:D
 
No worries mate! And thanks Wayne! I'd appreciate any pics or information on '61' you can find!

Well, I now have some good stuff on white 61, still looking for the 'quote' from Jerry Crandall....send me a pm with your email and I will help you out!

meanwhile another messerschmitt, don't know why i only have one shot..:rolleyes:
 

Attachments

  • Bf109E-3_7637.JPG
    Bf109E-3_7637.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 114
Well, I now have some good stuff on white 61, still looking for the 'quote' from Jerry Crandall....send me a pm with your email and I will help you out!

meanwhile another messerschmitt, don't know why i only have one shot..:rolleyes:

damn, Wayne! that 109 is a LOT better than my 109! o.o course mine would be a little cooler than it is if it had them camo. -.-
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back