Sabre F86-E Korea Academy 1:48

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks chaps,
as mentioned before I used this aluninium color again for the panels by adding some drops of black to the basic colour.

14 SABRE F86-E-30.JPG

14 SABRE F86-E-31.JPG

14 SABRE F86-E-32.JPG

Sure is, and I suspect it looks even better to the naked eye, as it's always tricky to photograph metallic finishes properly.

Se vé muy bien!! :thumbleft:
Sieht toll aus !! :thumbright:

I really like what you've done so far Michael.

Still pending at the track. :thumbup:

Saludos

My intention was to use decals for the yellow black stripes on the wings but I couldn't get them around the slats properly. It was a hard job carefully cleaning the wings of the decal relics. Masking tape and the spraygun produced better results. Fortunately the tape didn't ruin the metallic aqua colors.

14 SABRE F86-E-35.JPG

The next disappointment were the "DecalkMaster Decals". They were beistle and teared apart when correcting their positions. Next time I will scan every Decalsheet so I could print spare parts when in need. DecalMaster also missed that the nose stripes where darkblue not black as is the case with the stripes on the tailplane. I had to reproduce the Stripes as well as the "HELL-ER BUST X" logo and the FU numbers.

14 SABRE F86-E-34.JPG

Missing at all was the girl on the starboard side. Squadron/Signal had a picture so I could produce it on the PC.

14 SABRE F86-E-36.JPG

The ever present nightmare of getting all these stencils on models of modern aircraft.

14 SABRE F86-E-38.JPG

14 SABRE F86-E-39.JPG

14 SABRE F86-E-40.JPG

Many stencils end in the desert of my floor. Well a fine permanent marker is good substitude.

14 SABRE F86-E-41.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back