Sailor wears medals he didn’t earn

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

24 fu*kin months???? U gotta be freakin kidding me Charles...

I will be writing up emails for the politicians I know and leave some very serious feeelings on paper... This is utter bullshit....

The frickin prick even went so far as to get the Bronze Star license plate.... I am utterly dis gusted by this, and agree the judge should be hung up from his penny loafers....

Actually he got busted to an E-3 (SN), from E-5 (PO2). And he got a
Bad Conduct Discharge, not a DD. I really doubt that any of this will
affect him in future dealings in life. The presiding judge should have
his ass kicked.

Charles

Excuse my ignorance, what would be the diff between BCD DD? And what difference if he's E-3 or E-1 if he will get his @ss kicked out of the Navy anyways?

If there had been any (beep) justice in the crazy (beep) world, he should have been (beep) keelhauled under a (beep) aircraft carrier, and that once for every (beep) time was found guilty...he should have been tied to the (beep) propellers on the same ship...(beep) I'd have had him walk the plank!
This (beep) ba(beep)rd has stained a very proud navy, with just as proud traditions, what the (beep) was he thinking, was he really that (beep) thick, stupid, naive, believing that he'd get away with it?
(beep) how wish that I knew the name of my relative that served in the USN during the Korean War....I'd have sent him a copy of this....

What erks me is that the first awards that he faked went through and were actually awarded, he was honoured by his fellow servicemen,........ that was not enough for him and he put in for more!! :angry5:

The system really stinks that lets someone like that virtually go unpunished............ take him onboard a carrier, tie him to the cat by his balls and let fly! (no salute of course!):angry4:

-Flightpath

Can a BCD be converted to honorable after a year or is that only a general discharge?

DBII

Can a BCD be converted to honorable after a year or is that only a general discharge?

DBII

I do not think so. I think you're stuck with it. But, I believe a General
Discharge can be converted to an Honorable if certain conditions are
met, but I don't know the conditions.

My son has a General Discharge (in Red, White Blue). When he came home
he wanted to post it on his bedroom wall. I told him if he did I would burn
it ! I have five Honorable Discharges..... all black and white !

Charles

What I can't understand is.... he falsified documents for a Purple Heart and
a Bronze Star. He was home free and clear. Why did he have to go and
try to get nine more awards ? Which was his ultimate down-fall. Stupid !!

Charles

Here's what's in todays Norfolk Virgianian Pilot:

NORFOLK

A Navy hospital corpsman who claimed he rescued six Marines and recovered the bodies of four others in the early days of the Iraq war was sentenced to two years in prison Thursday for wearing military ribbons he did not earn.

Petty Officer 2nd Class Dontae L. Tazewell also will be demoted to the rate of seaman and given a bad conduct discharge upon his release.

Prosecutors had asked for an 18-month sentence and a bad conduct discharge.

A military judge, Navy Capt. Patricia Battin, found Tazewell, 28, guilty Wednesday on 10 counts of wearing unauthorized ribbons, including the Combat Action Ribbon, Purple Heart and Bronze Star. She had dismissed the more serious charges of forging the documents that led to the awards.

Tazewell was awarded the Purple Heart and Bronze Star in July 2006 after producing paperwork that appeared to document his heroic role in a March 2003 ambush in Iraq.

During the two-day court-martial, a number of Tazewell's supervisors testified that the supposed rescue never happened because Tazewell was stationed at a Kuwaiti airfield during his 2003 deployment and never traveled with Marine foot patrols into Iraq.

They spoke of how their initial pride in Tazewell's heroism and awards later turned to suspicion and, eventually, a criminal investigation. Prosecutors also painted a picture of a sailor with a subpar performance record and medical problems who was so desperate to stay in the Navy that he concocted honors he did not earn to better his chances.

Tazewell's attorney, meanwhile, told of a young man from a broken home who served his country and suffered both physical and mental problems as a result.

Dr. Claudia Gonzalez, a civilian physician who worked with Tazewell at the Navy's Yorktown clinic, testified Thursday to his good work ethic.

However, when questioned by prosecutor Lt. Matthew Wooten, Gonzalez acknowledged Tazewell had been punished in December 2006 for mishandling immunization records.

Lt. Dana Lobraico, a Navy psychiatrist, testified Thursday that she's been treating Tazewell since November and believes he has either anxiety disorder or anxiety spectrum disorder, which leads to excessive worry, intrusive thoughts and difficulty sleeping.

Tazewell testified that after his time in Kuwait, he came down with a gastric illness and received steroid treatments. The treatments caused bone damage that forced him to have a double hip replacement last year.

"Petty Officer Tazewell, in serving his country, will not leave the Navy in the same condition he came in," argued his lawyer, Lt. Matthew Cutchen.

Tazewell also talked of the difficulty of having to explain his conviction to his son. "I feel like I brought shame to the hospital corps, to the Navy, to myself and to my family."

The prosecution focused on Tazewell's duplicity.

"This is about a person who had a plan to con the U.S. Navy," Wooten argued. "He was never in combat, never even scratched."

After the sentencing, a visibly upset Tazewell was comforted by his aunt, who had raised him.

Cutchen said the sentence was "clearly disappointing" but that Tazewell is entitled to an automatic appeal, which he will pursue even as he begins his time in the brig, as well as a clemency request.

"He has gone through a lot in the Navy," Cutchen said. "He hopes that will be considered when the case is reviewed."

My heart pumps P.P.P. for this idiot !!

Charles

Tazewell also talked of the difficulty of having to explain his conviction to his son. "I feel like I brought shame to the hospital corps, to the Navy, to myself and to my family."
Awwww, he feels like he did??? Of course u did u freakin meatball... I have no pity for him, his kid or his screwed up hip... He disgraced the uniform and the honor of the men who sacrificed their time, blood and lives for this country... His kid SHOULD know what kind of Dad he has, a lying piece of sh!t who trods over the honor of those who put it on the line...

I have more pity for a homeless beggar than this sh!tbird...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back