Sailor wears medals he didn’t earn

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

That SOB faked more awards that I've earned in twenty years of service !
I just dug mine out.... I have seven that are validated in my records, altho
I believe I am entitled to more. However, there are no "valor/heroism" awards
like Silver Star or Navy Cross. I hope they do make an example of him.

I guess we'll know late tomorrow (Thursday)...

Charles

"Keelhauling (from Dutch kielhalen; "to drag along the keel") was a severe form of corporal punishment meted out to sailors at sea.

The sailor was tied to a rope that looped beneath the vessel, thrown overboard on one side of the ship, and dragged under the ship's keel to the other side. As the hull was often covered in barnacles and other marine growth, this could result in lacerations and other injuries. This generally happened if the offender was pulled quickly. If pulled slowly, his weight might lower him sufficiently to miss the barnacles but might result in his drowning. If the rope snapped, the Captain could conclude that the punishment was not done properly and order it carried out again."

Nah, don t give him to dan he'll be to nice. i spent 6 years in the navy, if some idiot wants to play this game we have a catapualt strapped to his nuts and a couple o 20mms ready for practice, personnally i want 1min 28secs with the guy, find out if his nuts will go down his throat then punch him in the neck the last 20 secs will be him watching the 45 acp in the face:twisted:

I get the feeling that what I did is now irrelevant because of this fu*ktards antics....

We know your pissed and you have every right to be. I would ask that you, Adler, Charles, and ALL the other vets know that every one of ya'll are appreciated here.

So, to you guys......... :salute:

You don't have to be in the military or a to have served to know that what this guy did is extremely low or to be pissed...he no more different then a common thief...

Thanks, TL (et al). Your sentiments are appreciated. If this S.O.B. gets
nothing else, I hope he gets a DD. Altho, I must admit, a Dishonorable
Discharge is nothing, today, compared to what it was years ago.

I will keep a weather eye on it and put up a post when the sentence is
handed down.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back