SAVING THE FORUM (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fubar57

General
Nov 22, 2009
The Jungles of Canada
This guy "HorseUSA", who runs/own this site, doesn't seem to have a very keen interest in to goings on in this forum. I was wondering if there is a way to save all the documentation here if he has a jammer or just lets it crash and burn? A lot of people have put a lot of time and effort here and it would be a shame to lose it.

Geo

Unfortunately, Horse is able to make a backup of all these forum batabase only. And to be honest, each of us should have all own files saved on HDDs or CD/DVD records. However I agree with you George. It would be a shame to lose it.

I am one of two people left on Earth that doesn't have Facebook. The other guy lives on an island, 100km south of Chile, and he has MySpace.

Geo

If anything happens to this forum, it's all the more reason that you guys that don't have FB need to get your contact info to a few members. Feel free to email me your contact info to [email protected], in case Dooms Day hits the forum. I'll be happy to keep you guys involved.

I have a few folks' personal email addresses that don't have facebook...there is a buddy system thread that makes the point of sharing contact info with friends here (in private, of course) so that in the event of an emergency, we can stay in touch.

Facebook is one way, but recently, when the forum went down, many of use were able to keep in touch via email. This is a good time to think about thatand at least keep it in mind.

Almost 6 months ago, I was in a near-fatal car wreck and several ww2aircraft/facebook friends saw my sister posting on my facebook, and word was able to circulate about what happened to me. Often times, we have a regular members here on the forums disappear and we have no way of knowing what happened.

So again, think about the buddy system :)

Is there sometime I'm missing guys.
Is the forum under threat?

I have shared contact details and facebook with forum members. The facebook page works well.

Is there sometime I'm missing guys.
Is the forum under threat?

I just started this thread in hopes that this HorseUSA guy sees it. He's been on here a few times since the major crash and there are still issues. What I would like to see is that he give one or all of the Mods carte blanche for this site, a kind of passing the torch.

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back