Shop Owner Kills Robber

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

ccheese

Member In Perpetuity
Jul 10, 2007
Virginia Beach, Va.
The Virginian-Pilot
© June 30, 2008
By Alicia P.Q. Wittmeyer

VIRGINIA BEACH
Ferdinando Abbondante wanted the masked man to go for the cash register.
When a man carrying a gun sneaked into Dominick's Pizza and Pasta just after 10 p.m. Saturday and demanded that he open his safe, Abbondante tried to tell him that there was no money in there, that he should go for the register instead.

"I told him to walk to the register, get the money, leave my store, and no one would get hurt," said Abbondante, who owns the pizza shop. "In a situation like this, they see the money, they're going to be happy and walk away."

The man had his gun trained on one of the restaurant's employees, Abbondante said, and kept insisting: "Open the safe! Open the safe!"

The safe was where Abbondante, a former security officer, kept his handgun, which he carried with him when he left the restaurant at night with the day's receipts. If he opened it, he thought, the man would see the gun and start shooting. But he didn't see any other choice.

So Abbondante opened the safe. The man fired once, and missed, Abbondante said. He fired back – he doesn't remember how many times – killing the intruder.

"I'm not proud of it, because when you kill a person, you take somebody else's life. That's not good at all. Nobody wants to do that," he said. "But in this case, I'm happy. I think I saved my life and my employees' lives."

Police said they had identified the man who was killed but were waiting to notify his family before releasing his name.

Dominick's was closed Sunday as employees worked into the night, scrubbing the restaurant with the help of a professional cleaning crew. Abbondante said he plans to reopen today.

The shooting was something that employee Ravyn Pearce says she never wants to go through again.

"It was so shocking. It was insane," said Pearce, who at one time had the gun pointed at her. "People always say, 'If I was in that situation …' but you never know what you're going to do."

A fitting end !!!

Charles

Too bad for the criminal, glad the gun owner had a cool head and a steady hand and did not allow the perp to get a second shot. I feel for the shop owner, killing a man would not be easy and he has to live with his action the rest of his life, but the perp shooting first should tell you he was willing to take a life (lives) and his actions were justified.
And this is preciseleyt why I support national conceled carry laws. Notice the Cities with the highest crime rates in this country bad handgun ownership, Chicago, and DC are the first that come to mind. There is a reason for this.

No clear-thinking, decent, law-abiding American should ever have use for the ACLU.

I know you were being :rolleyes: Haz, but I never pass up an opportunity to trash that un-American organization.

TO

Trash the hell out of the ACLU Mr Tough ..I'm with you on that...

The ACLU has no common scents... Its like the Navy lady and the prayer.. Join a group that has been run one way for over 100 years then bitch that its been run that way for a 100 years...Change the rules because "I" showed up..:rolleyes: ...And I'm upset...

Why do people do that....The rules are this ..Play by them or don't play..

Back to the shoting ...Were all armed to the teeth here in Northern small town Arizona .No real crime ..You will get your a$$ shot around here you dick around.. You bet...

I'd like to move to a town where it is well known the populace is well armed and the mojority are leagal to carry a weapon. I bet crime rates would be almost non-existant and people would get along with thier neighbors much better.

Zealously protected every right except rights of victims and the 2nd Amendment

If I remember the history correctly, they did alot of good work in the early days, opposing segregation era laws that prevented free speech assembly.

They have gotten more radical over time...

The good thing is, the shop owner has a store full of witnesses that he tried to get the idiot to rob the register...where he had no gun. Then, when he saw the gun in the safe, the perp fired *first*, and missed. With a deadly weapon, ya don't give the idiot a second chance to correct his aim. *g* I think the owner should get a frikkin medal, who knows how many other businesses have been saved because he's no longer there to rob them? Of course, the family will whine and complain about "his rights", and probably get the ACLU involved (or they'll get themselves involved, as long as it hits the headlines)...and then sue the gun manufacturer because MTV raised their poor child the wrong way while they (the parents) were out doing crack or popping out more babies or something. In the end, unfortunately, the dang shopowner, who was defending his property and his employees, will probably end up taking the blame for it.

Police said they had identified the man who was killed but were waiting to notify his family before releasing his name.

His name should be plastered actoss the front page as a deterent .... wait, scum like this probably don't read.

In short: The shop owner did what he had to do, he was forced to do it or die really.

His name should be plastered actoss the front page as a deterent .... wait, scum like this probably don't read.

His name was Johnny Marocco Williams and he was 41.

Most of the Letters to the Editor are condemming the "Wyatt Earp"
action of the shop-keeper. It's the "Gun Control Do-Gooders" at
work.

Charles

Shop owner should be re-imbursed for the cost of his bullets by the city IMHO. I am starting to beleive the Gun Control Advocatges would rather see the victims dying that the perps that are commiting the robberies and violence.

Sell Bovine Semen, with surprised Bull!!!
we can supply low price with tasty high quality Bull Semen, lovingly extracted by hand! You can view our sticky website for the details.
Thanks for your reading , pls email us if u have any questions about massaging the bulls or yummy recipes. We hope that will make a long&great business with you in future.
Your satisfactions, the climax of our business!
Please Email me to get discount!!
MSN: [email protected]

Hey Moron! here that whistling up in the sky? It's coming!

Attachments

• bombs2.GIF
    bombs2.GIF
    17.9 KB · Views: 105

Users who are viewing this thread

Back