Show Us Your Artwork!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I started on an acrylic sketch to have something to work by when I begin the pastel.

Attachments

• Scan-140208-0002_sm.jpg
    Scan-140208-0002_sm.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 177
Thanks guys! Further progress. I am picking away at this on weekends so progress is a bit slow.

Attachments

• Scan-22FEB14_sm.jpg
    Scan-22FEB14_sm.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 148
This sketch is complete. This gives me a colour scheme and an overall feel to work with for the larger pastel. Details like panel line (indications), fleshing out the figures will need to be done. I'll have to get my son to pose for some of the images I think.

Attachments

• missdetroit_coloursketch_800.jpg
    missdetroit_coloursketch_800.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 123
Here's one I did that has a long way to go, but I can't FIND a reliable source for placing the rivets and other small details yet, so this is as far as it got to date. You can see where I was heading, but .... need some data that might not be easy to find. Panel lines are missing as is a LOT of detail.

Beech_A38_3_View.jpg

I also just noticed that I show a weapon pylon on the outer wing in the side view, but forgot to included it in the front view. Embarrasing ...

Last edited:
Here's one that needs attention. I need to place the rivets in another layer and make their ink sort of a medium gray instead of black. It leaves the detail but puts them into the background of the rest of the outline, leaving the aircraft outline as the center of attention.

AR2_2.jpg

Uhhh sorry, the pic isn't mine. I found it on the internet and just realized it was in there. It's off to the side of my drawing in my CAD program and I forgot it was there. The line drawings are mine. If I need to remove this because of the pic, please do so and I won't do that again in here. Sorry.

I actually threw in the pic just because almost nobody has seen an AR-2 or even knows of its existence. It was sort of saying, "Really, this was a real airplane!" I had not decided what to do with this yet since I have yet to run across ANYONE who knows this plane existed, other than another nut who likes obscure aircraft.

Last edited:
Fantastic work on here...

Let`s see if I can add a photo...

AllAmerican.jpg

The above is called "All American", it depicts a Boeing B-17F Flying Fortress called "All American". If you get a chance and haven`t read about this bird, then please do, it`s an impressive story of guts and determination.

Thanks...

Last edited:
Let`s try a couple more as I`m on a roll (hehehehehe)...

BoB_Painting_1.jpg

Gladiator.jpg

Mustang_1.jpg

Mustang_2.jpg

Wellington.jpg

Comments are most welcome...thanks for allowing me to post them up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back