silly wife challenge.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You could get rid of her and get some dogs and cats.
I've not had a woman around for a long time and can model, fish, walk aound in my underwear, thow cloths anywhere I want, etc.
I have the whole house to play in (and a lot more money to buy toys with)!

Oh come on, fellas. This is so easy to fix it's unbelievable providing she doesn't know one end of a P-51 kit from the other end of a Me109 kit.

All you have to do is put the parts for the kits you're already building into one or both of the boxes that she dumped on your modelling desk. She'll see you digging around in the boxes she asked you to finish so she'll think you're working on them while you just carry on building whatever you want to. Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy!

Who knows, you may actually make a start on the 2 kits she wants rid of in the process!

Alternatively, you could just be a grown-up and talk to her about it but where's the fun in that?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
:lol: This is a good idea. To be honest I follow that one too. Sometimes there are three kits in a box. He, he, he....

Just to clear things out here, we're talking about them plastic models, right, not them actual models...or? Hmmmm.....sometimes just as much plastic in both maybe....never mind...carry on!

Wow. This thread has taken a turn for the worse. :lol:

And I don't personally have a problem with Dick Cheney picking his hunting partner. It's the guy that got shot in the face who's choices I worry about. :lol:

I never pay attention to what my wife says. It's the voices in her head I listen to. Before I logged on, I was reading this thread and one of the ads was called "Canada On-line Divorce" Harbinger of things to come?

Geo

You should be.... you lucky, lucky b@st@rd!!!!!

This wife doesn't mind my hobby a bit. Cheaper than going to pubs, and keeps me out of trouble!
Except with the voices in Her head.

Well I'm going to buck the trend here. I love my wife. She's my best friend and and I thoroughly enjoy being married - we hit 20 years next March. While Mrs B-N does occasionally look askance at my stash and the number of aircraft-related books I buy, she hasn't (yet!) issued any ultimatums.

Last edited:
...as it should be.

Nor should we bitch about too many similar girly things.

To do otherwise is a step toward divisiveness.

My wife buys shoes. Some she never wears. I buy model kits. Some I never build, and some I start and never finish.
Our youngest daughter thinks we are hoarders. She watches too much T.V.
We are comfortable with each other, She is a b!tch from the deep south, and I am an @sshole from the frozen north. but it has worked for 20 years now.
That being said, she is going through the "change", so I will keep you all posted. One never knows!

When trying to figure out how a woman's mind works, don't. You would have better luck at trying to sink the IJN Yamato in one shot with a pellet rifle...

There are a number of possible replies to the post-it note:

A) Tell her that you were saving the models for a certain planned build coming up and the spot under the bed was the safest place to store them until the time came.

B) Tell her that you had forgotten those were there, thanks for finding them.

C) You were testing her to see if she's doing the cleaning properly.

D) Holy sh!t!! We've been visited by the model fairey...look what it brought me!!

Disclaimer: if any of these options are selected, use at your own risk...seriously :evil4:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back