silly wife challenge.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woody

Master Sergeant
Jan 17, 2011
IL.
Okay fellow modelers i got home from work WED. night and do the usual shower,dinner,and visit with the wife after that i go done to the model bench and sitting there are two kits i had under the bed one tamiya 1/32 mustang and eduards 1/32 bf109E and a note that said build me before buying anymore now i bought these in OCT. 2011. So i ask her why the note and she says are you scared to work on them and i said no and she says i want to see it then.
How do i get out of this i have enough on my plate.

Just keep working and don't listen to her. The female's conception of the world is different than our. Nobody can understand that including women. :lol:

I'm assuming that you want to stay married, right? So the old, "You wear out your shoes before you buy anymore" is probably out of the question.
Does she know one model from another? If not, wait a couple of weeks and show her something else and find a better hiding spot for those.
Or you could just build them before buying any more.

Reminds me some parts of my life.
Are you sure about her love for you ?
If any doubt, talk with her.
If you feel her unhonest and fleeing the right questions, kick her out of your life.
Yes, Women needs much attention, and Boys are supposed and like (I do, do you ?) To afford her this attentions.
Donnot hammer your head for a Girl my friend.
Talk to her, and you will be fixed.

You know, those two sound like a couple of great entries into our 2016 "Tamiya 1/32 Mustang / Eduards 1/32 Bf109E" Group Build we will be having. They say the top prize is a romantic weekend for two on some Island. Just remember, if you start building them early you are disqualified!

(Did that help????)

Just for fun, i have one : all other girls are lyers !
Not me !
I never lie, trust me !
Mouaaaarf ! Guess i heard it 100 times.

Last edited:
Ask her if she'd rather you go out to the pub every night and carouse with the boys. One night out can be the cost of a kit. My wife's been great about my hobby and is happy that I've found a pass time that can keep me home and not bored.

I agree with Maria.
Just tell her to p**s off and do something useful, like buy a new pair of shoes.
Then, when you are recovering in hospital, ask a trustworthy friend to find you a reasonably affordable, fully furnished apartment.
Alternatively, do the sensible thing, and ignore it - whilst spending the rest of your life trying to locate a wiring diagram, and explanation, on the workings of a woman's brain.
Good luck !!

Oh, by the way Jerry, any advice you chose to take here is at your own risk. Asking us for marital advice is like is like asking Dick Cheney who's the best hunting partner.

From what I can glean, you are a very aprochable and open person.
So please take no offence but, in my 3+ decades of experence with wives/girlfriends, when they claimed to be "Not crazy like other women", they were.

Its the ones who make that claim that you have to watch out for. FOrtunately, I married one who's never said that. She's fairly straight-talking, so they are out there.

That said... Why do you guys stash kits away like that?

Always you can ask your wife what is better, a few more plastic kits under the bed or narcotics in your bedside cabinet. Instead of drugs it can be a barrel of Kentucky Brandy. However the barrel sounds quite good. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back