SNIPER TAKING OUT TALI-BAN WITH .50 CAL - NOT FOR THE MEEK!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed they are, Les. I just can't sit still that long either. I would imagine it's hours of boredom followed by a few minutes of excitement, then probably move, move move, but slowly. They are incredible at camouflage too.

as am I.........

Attachments

• at_a_shoot_167.jpg
    at_a_shoot_167.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 472
Pffft, you stick out like a Frenchman in the British army...

Im much more camouflaged...

Attachments

• shoot9_201.jpg
    shoot9_201.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 477
My old man was at Antwerp and came under sniper attack, a couple of the guys got shot so the local squaddies had a word with a Sherman crew and it blew the crap out of the church tower he was in with a few rounds of 75mm apparently his camo was not very effective.

I have 2 great sniper stories, both from Somolia, but I dont know if I should tell em.... Kinda Brutal... Ill sum it up....

Perimeter fence...
Big, flat valley....
Plateau in distance...
Empty shell casings dumped on said plain...
Signs everywhere sayin "Enter and Die"
Somoli's enter...
Somoli's heads go poof...
Sniper makes another note in his book...

Id be interested to see a modern snipers rifle up close I dont know but sounds like you didn't rate the somos much from the tone in your description Les. In the news reels I've seen they look about as disciplined as the inmates on a turkey farm, seemed to ex-spend most of there ammunition loosing rounds off into the air.

Somolians were a joke, but there were alot of em, with no regard to human life... Very scary when automatic weapons are added into the mix... These idiots would risk their lives for $2.00 worth of spent brass...

We had a Skinny empty an entire mag at us once, and none of the rounds came any closer than 3 meters from us... I think he had his eyes closed LOL.....

What was weird over there, is that they all ran around with machetes, going tribal and crap like that... Then, all of a sudden, there was a mass influx of AK's and SK's and RPG's.... Weapons were GIVEN out for FREE!!! They were everywhere, and everybody had one...

Wanna see something funny sometime... Have a 12 year old empty an AK-47 on full auto... It knocks em on their backs as the rounds go straight up...

Guess where they land........

if I make comment here slightly : have relatives that have been in Congo/Zaire for decades and when it comes to tribal warfare, even from the Somalian faction it is always best to attack enmasse. Singular or in small amounts of 3-5 does not work as this has been proven from their age old tactics when they assaulted the British head strong in the 1800's. they always pay for it dearly, and it appears it has always been similiar to the Soviets of ww2. Some fool gets the idea to take a position to sacrifice his mean at any cost as long as the objective is over-run. Sooner or later the defender is killed off but at a terrible price.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back