Some Aircraft-Related pdf Files for Your Enjoyment

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

GregP

Major
Jul 28, 2003
Chino, California, U.S.A.
I posted a couple of pdf files in another thread and got some good replies. I thought maybe a thread about aircraft-related pdf files would be in order. So, here's a start at it ... in no particular order.

Here is a file in Italian Aerial Victories of WWII to start with. Not something I come across every day.

Attachments

• Italy-Air_Victories_w2.pdf
    816.2 KB · Views: 267
Last edited:
Well, that's a start. As you can see, the subject matter varies widely. I hope I mange to find some items if interest to the membership. Some of it is a bit off the beaten path, but that's why it is fun to find these things.

More to come. I'd post some really GOOD stuff, but there is a 20Mb limit, so I can't include things like Hoerner's drag files (65 Mb) and the like.

If anyone wants to continue this thread, please post away. pdf's are good, but don't shy away from Word or text files either. The subject isn't nearly as important as the fact that it is related to aircraft ... perhaps mostly WWII since this is a WWII forum. I'm sure, for instance, that the moderators might not mind a file on U-Boat ops as long as the main subject is WWII and mostly aircraft-related.

Of course, I'm guessing at that. Maybe this thread belongs somewhere other than "Aviation," but I'm going to concentrate mostly on aviation in and around the WWII era.

I'll throw in one I collected myseld in Word.

Attachments

• Jet_Aircraft_Development.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Well, that's a start. As you can see, the subject matter varies widely. I hope I mange to find some items if interest to the membership. Some of it is a bit off the beaten path, but that's why it is fun to find these things.

More to come. I'd post some really GOOD stuff, but there is a 20Mb limit, so I can't include things like Hoerner's drag files (65 Mb) and the like.

If anyone wants to continue this thread, please post away. pdf's are good, but don't shy away from Word or text files either. The subject isn't nearly as important as the fact that it is related to aircraft ... perhaps mostly WWII since this is a WWII forum. I'm sure, for instance, that the moderators might not mind a file on U-Boat ops as long as the main subject is WWII and mostly aircraft-related.

Of course, I'm guessing at that. Maybe this thread belongs somewhere other than "Aviation," but I'm going to concentrate mostly on aviation in and around the WWII era.

I'll throw in one I collected myseld in Word.

Could you set up drop box for the large files, because these are great

Here's one of possible interest to you guys who restore aircraft. It isn't AC43-13, but sometimes the same info in another format is interesting.

Attachments

• Aircraft_Metal_Structure_Repair.pdf
    17.7 MB · Views: 210
Standard AIrcraft Characteristics of the B/RB-58A Hustler.

Not exactly WWII, but of interest (to me) since I loved these things when I was a kid. Got to see one do a max-performance takeoff in Peru, Indiana at Grissom AFB in 1979. They had a 10,000 foot runway and it was 10,000 feet in the air when it crossed the end of the runway. Jimmy Stewart was riding as a passenger and they had the intercom on the base PA system. He was delighted with the takeoff.

Attachments

• B-RB-58A_Hustler_SAC_-_10_July_1959.pdf
    16.6 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
For those of you who think the Soviet fighters were vastly underated (count me in there), this might be of interest. I can't read Russian, but most is pretty apparent.

Attachments

• La-7.pdf
    12.5 MB · Views: 174
NASA Guide to Engines.

Not exactly WWII but does have some solved examples that may be of interest, and IS applicable to many WWII engines.

Attachments

• NASA_GUIDE_TO_ENGINES.pdf
    4.6 MB · Views: 286

Users who are viewing this thread

Back