Some Aircraft-Related pdf Files for Your Enjoyment

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff Greg. Thanks for posting. Here's a 1943 technical article on Mosquito production methods:

Attachments

• Aircraft Production 1943.pdf
    14.2 MB · Views: 121
You are all welcome and thanks, Crimea River, for joining in an posting some interesting items.

Here's another one. I'll try to keep this a regular thing.

Attachments

• Quest for Performace - The Evolution of Modern Aircraft.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 482
Last edited:
View attachment DB601_Ver 1.pdf

Greg, Attached is the document on the DB601 I have been working on.
It is a re-write of an article in FLIGHT magazine (April 16th 1942). It is not original.
The original article is scanned and not very clear.
I have used this and some other FLIGHT Aviation articles as a learning exercise with MS Word 2010.
This is a work in progress (i.e. it is not finished) but any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks Charlie,

I have been hoping someone would come forward and contribute more than the already nice contributions. Looks pretty good so far. I have the german DB601 manuals, but nobody to translate them. If you want a crack at it, I'll post 'em.

Here's a comparison with F4U Corsairs. Wish it were a bit more clear, but I'll take what I can get.

Attachments

• F4U_Data_amd_Comparisons.pdf
    5.9 MB · Views: 86
Wish I knew. I found that pdf on a website some 10 years ago, and can't remember where I found it.

That's one of the big problems with the internet ... no guarantee it is what if says it is.

It is also possible the data for the early F4Us is correct and it was updated a couple of years later, but I can't really say. It's just a pdf I had and threw in here. There are more somehwat like that one, but relatively few with such glaring "out of time" characteristics.

I understand. It is 31.17 Mb and our limit here is 20 MB. Won't load. My email linit is also 20 Mb, so we're looking atr another way.

Maybe PM me your email address and we can find a way to exchange files.

First to GregP for starting the thread and your uploads - fan-bloody-tastic - I will give you more than bacon - the whole hog.
May I suggest you try tucows.com or a similar site for
a PDF splitting program or
a free PDF file printer and then printing say pages 1-100, 101-200 or whatever works to keep file size down, or
converting the larger files to ZIP and then splitting the ZIP file.

CrimeaRiver - top stuff also

All the others, keep up the great material. It makes me feel my uploads are insignificant which is just fine by me.

A lot of the stuff is not what I would have willingly gone looking for but browsing it has been informative at the very least and more than one item that I nearly did not look at is now safetly stored on my hard drive for future reference.

Regards

Mi Tasol

You are welcome. I am trying very hard here to start a thread for sharing aircraft / aviation information freely. Do you have any to share? If not, please enjoy the previous posts. My posting is likely to slow down some unless I get some more participation. One guy (or gal) doesn't have it all ... and I have already shared some with little return.

It's like always buying lunch for others.

It doesn't have to be Earthshaking, just share some of what you have.

This IS a WWII forum, so that would be nice ....

Here's a P-40 3-View I just completed for another purpose ...

P_40_3_View.jpg

Forgot about the one on the right ... I was trying to maintain one at a right angle for later use so I don't have to calibrate it when I rotate it. I suppose I should add a prop to the front view ...

Last edited:
Can this be made a sticky thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back