Some never before seen pics from WW II

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jeff Hunt

1st Lieutenant
Jul 20, 2012
Guelph Ontario Canada
Earlier this week my cousin sent me my Uncle Clare's flight log which I will cover at some point in the future. Also included were some photos taken by my Uncle Keith from his time stationed at various places around Canada and Europe while with 437 Squadron. Although they may not be the best, they are original and they are now in my small collection and here they shall stay till the good Lord calls me home some day.

I have attached them to this thread and below each picture I have included whatever notes my Uncle wrote on the back of the picture.

Please enjoy.

fixed-3.jpg

" Yours truly taken May 42 "

This is my Uncle Keith and I believe this photo was taken in Canada, perhaps Borden as I know he was stationed there for some time.

fixed-4.jpg

Again I believe this photo was taken somewhere in Canada, again possibly at Borden. One can make out different aircraft types, Fairey Battle, P-40s, Cessna Cranes and possible Fleet Forts or Northrop Nomad.

fixed-6.jpg

Canada again, clearly shows Norseman aircraft and Nomad? I stand to be corrected on the aircraft type with the two flyboys watching as the aircraft my Uncle is in taxies by.

fixed-7.jpg

Faiey Battle, Airspeed Oxford, P-40s, Avro Ansons

fixed-8.jpg

USAAC B-24 and a couple of Ansons

fixed-1.jpg

" Something else for Don ( my dad) or Ray ( yet another Uncle) but don't throw out."
This is no doubt a 437 Sqdn Dakota but I cannot make out any identifying markings. This no doubt is from his time in Europe.

fixed-5.jpg

" Old "Mike" caught in a snowstorm at Northholt London, Winter 44/45"

and the last one for now and possibly the most unique photo...

fixed-2.jpg

" Something for Don or Ray. A Blackwidow with a CG-14 on the left. Eiffel Tower Paris "

Can anyone shed more light on the timeline involving the last photo. Yes I know post Liberation but I am sure it can be narrowed down

Hope you enjoy these pics.

Cheers,

Jeff

Great stuff. Especially the last one. Possible to Google "post war aircraft display under Eiffel Tower"?

Last edited:
Can anyone shed more light on the timeline involving the last photo. Yes I know post Liberation but I am sure it can be narrowed down
Hope you enjoy these pics.

Cheers,

Jeff

U.S. Air Force display of aircraft under the Eiffel Tower, Paris, 1945. August 1945 - 1, October 1945

Another shot on ground here https://www.flickr.com/photos/11413855@N08/1272438095/ and much more Skylighters, The Web Site of the 225th AAA Searchlight Battalion: The 1945 USSTAF Exhibition

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back