Some of my work

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Yes Matt, I've recently studied some close-up pics of 'Flak Bait' in the museum, and I couldn't see any (presumably repaired) flak holes either. I guess they were elsewhere on the aircraft, and not ALL big holes. Incidentally, some accounts say 'Flak Bait' had over 1,000 holes, others say over 2,000 holes. Whatever, it must have been a lucky ship. My daughter is going to the 'States in about 3 weeks time, and i've asked (ordered) her to get some pics at the Smithsonian; after all, I bought her the new Nikon digital camera, only fair I think!

The Smithsonian is a collection of various museums. Most are within walking distance along the Mall running up and down Independence Ave. You want lots of pics of airplanes, you have to run about 45 minutes via car to Udhvar Hazy Museum out at Dulles Airport. Quite the haul for a tourist since nothing else is out there.

Ah! Well, thanks Matt! Suppose I can't ask a young girl who's only just turned 15 to give up part of the trip of her life, just to get a few pics for her old Dad.
Thinks.... I could ask her to bring me back a kit or two, they're cheaper in the 'States......

Yeah, you would probably ruin your girls day making her train out Dulles to take pics of boring airplanes. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back