Some Sad News for the Forum .. Charles Cheeseman has passed away.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Njaco

The Pop-Tart Whisperer
Feb 19, 2007
Southern New Jersey
It is with a very heavy heart that I'm announcing that one of our Moderators, CCheeseman, has passed away. I don't know the circumstances and he was having some health issues this week. He was in his 80s and lived in Virginia Beach, VA. He was a very very kind soul, former career Navy flier and an all around good guy. I met him a few times and although our political views didn't always mesh, I had great respect for him. He was an avid gardener, loved his Mazda truck and most important of all, his wife Edna Mae. He was a long-time member here, with numerous contributions and one of the last balsa wood model builders. I'm so saddened by this, I don't even know what I'm typing.

The pics are one of his favorites: A portrait while he worked at the local Mazda dealer and one from 2008 when he, myself and Toughhombre went to WWII Weekend in Reading, PA.

I'm really gonna miss him.

1917510_1186818683870_7758808_n.jpg
521626_10151509122579500_272674798_n.jpg

Last edited:
That stinks,my condolences to his family...............

So, so sorry to hear this sad news. I'm still in the process of slowly building a model Charles sent me some time ago, when he asked me to build a 'Pete' float-plane for him. This will now need to be done in his honour.
My condolences to Edna Mae and all the family and friends - you will be missed Charles.

My god. This comes as a shock.

I considered Charles a very good friend, although thousands of miles away and many years difference in age. We started here at the forum around the same time (2006/2007) and quickly started a remote friendship.
He was of Dutch decent, his father's name was Kaasman who grew up in Rotterdam, around 20km from my house. This was a connection and from there we build our friendship. He had a deep interest in people and was a kind guy. Some 8 years ago he suffered from cancer. An illness that he beat fair and square, although it didn't leave him unmarked. He knew he lived on borrowed time as every year he emailed me with the words (X years cancer free!!).

In 2016 I was lucky enough to visit him and his wife in VA Beach. Although he couldn't do much because of all his physical problems, we had a great day. I'm so glad I was able to see you my old friend. Rest in Peace, the world has turned a little colder today.

For you, Mon Ami:
La mer
qu'on voit danser le long des golfes clairs
a des reflets d'argent,
la mer,
des reflets changeants
sous la pluie.

La mer
au ciel d'été confond
ses blancs moutons
avec les anges si purs,
la mer bergère d'azur